    online and wanted your opinions. thanks
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01151&id=1077627694761

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...u=E145-7002&SRCCODE=CNETFEED&CMP=OTC-CNETFEED

    PIPER, May 6, 2005

  2. PIPER

    Jamco Guest

    I don't know about where you are, but in Canada best buy is one of the most
    expensive places to buy computers/video cards.

    I would recommend buying the video card from a smaller computer store.
    Probably get it a lot cheaper.
    Just pop out the old one and snap in the new one, (its like lego) keep the
    old one and if you ever have any warrenty issues, but the old one back in :)

    Jamco, May 6, 2005

  3. PIPER

    James Guest

    "PIPER" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, I am in the market for a new video card. I have a 2.6ghz , 1 gig of
    > ram
    > and a nvidia geforce 4 mx 440 64mb video card.i want to get a 128.The
    > thing
    > is i bought my computer at best buy and have a warranty . So it would be
    > best if i bought the card with them as not to mess up the warranty.I was
    > told by a friend that he got a gfx 5200 for around 80. I found these two
    > online and wanted your opinions. thanks
    > http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01151&id=1077627694761
    >
    > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...u=E145-7002&SRCCODE=CNETFEED&CMP=OTC-CNETFEED

    Pls note that if the only reason you want a 256 or 128mb card is because its
    going to be "super wooo fast fast fast", note that unless the game you are
    playing specifically uses all that memory, it's not going to make a blind
    bit of difference. Its the cards mhz speed you want to keep an eye on.

    James, May 6, 2005