    1 gig ram
    Windowsxp pro
    Soyo KT400 mobo
    Irwin Opper, Jul 22, 2005

  2. Irwin Opper

    FML Guest

    Irwin Opper wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just installed a avg video card ( fx5200 ) replacing a max 4000 pci card.
    > With the new card the computer freezes up after a few minutes.
    > Any one have any ideas?
    >
    > Irwin Opper
    >
    > Amd Sempron 3000
    > 1 gig ram
    > Windowsxp pro
    > Soyo KT400 mobo

    Did you install the XP drivers for the new video card?
    FML, Jul 22, 2005

  3. Amd Sempron 3000

    Sigh.....
    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 22, 2005
  4. "Irwin Opper" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I just installed a avg video card ( fx5200 ) replacing a max 4000 pci

    card.
    > With the new card the computer freezes up after a few minutes.
    > Any one have any ideas?
    >
    > Irwin Opper
    >
    > Amd Sempron 3000
    > 1 gig ram
    > Windowsxp pro
    > Soyo KT400 mobo

    Go to the Nvidia site and download the newest driver.
    Arnold Schwarz 'E' negger, Jul 22, 2005
  5. Irwin Opper

    Mikey S. Guest

    Hi;
    1st step and the most important:
    You have to enter the BIOS at the
    PC boot-up to set the video properties to (1st)use AGPvideo card vs PCI.
    Read the 1st screen that flashes by for instructions to access it.
    Mikey S.
    Mikey S., Jul 22, 2005
  6. Irwin Opper

    Irwin Opper Guest

    Thanks allot for all of the great tips will try them today.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    Irwin Opper, Jul 23, 2005
  7. Irwin Opper

    Irwin Opper Guest

    Thank You. The drivers were current. But the change in the BIOS did the
    trick.

    Irwin Opper

    Irwin Opper, Jul 23, 2005
  8. Irwin Opper

    Irwin Opper Guest

    Tried all the above suggestions. It still freezes.

    Irwin Opper, Jul 23, 2005