    Messages:
    4
    as of now, ive got an ati radeon 9200 pci. im lookin for something more powerful, but the only thing is im limited to pci :( my question is whats the best pci card out there? and is it even worth upgradin considering im limited to pci? hopefully ill get my hands on a mobo with an agp slot soon enough

    Poppn, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Poppn

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    ... u need AGP at least for something good :|

    unholy, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Poppn

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    Ya anything pci video is just a waste of money and just doesn't work well.

    stlava, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Poppn

    SlipSand

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    29
    ^^ What they said. And now AGP is going to be dated.

    SlipSand, Jul 5, 2005
  5. Poppn

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    what's your system specs, maybe upgrade a new mobo and gfx is worth the money. I dont think there's that many pci gfx card out there.
    heck agp is dying too, if you are upgrading, why just do a complete upgrade to pcie.

    PUTALE, Jul 6, 2005
  6. Poppn

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    But that normally means CPU change :| :( then he will need a whole new system, lets be nice and say new mobo (AGP unless u have the money for a Full upgrade) and a Good Video Card
    AGP isn't that outa date.... still exists rite?

    unholy, Jul 6, 2005
  7. Poppn

    zachig

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    113
    AGP is not out of date, YET. But it is SURE going to be outdated pretty soon.
    I guess that in a year from now (but this is only MY opinion), ONLY PCI-E mobos will be available on the market.
    My suggestion, you should upgrade to (at least) an AGP mobo (if you want to use a decent video card), especially that nowadays, mobos with AGP are pretty cheap (compared to PCI-E mobos).
    GOOD LUCK.

    zachig, Jul 6, 2005
  8. Poppn

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Goot old SKt A Board range from 50-80 AU dollars oer here :D, and 478 not far off that :D, think about getting a Desent but not too expensive video card, i recommend a 9550 for Low price reasonably performance, a FX5200 for normal price, not to sweet performance, a 9600xt/pro ether is ok(pro is good) and if ur the type of guy which has mula to burn then go get some PCI-E into your life :D, and possible a 6800gt or a x800xt or go wild and get a 7800gtx :D

    unholy, Jul 6, 2005
  9. Poppn

    ww_crimson

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    60
    9200 is the best PCI card you can buy I believe. My friend has the same problem -- go go dells

    ww_crimson, Jul 6, 2005
  10. Poppn

    Poppn

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2005
    Messages:
    4
    it was basically a budget compaq pc, but since then ive put about 250 bucks into it over the past year (i dont have much money to spend) P4 2.8ghz, used to have 128mb of ram but have since upgraded to 512, and bought the 9200 about a year ago. it runs call of duty on medium at a decent 30-40 fps (thats decent for me). ive recently installed swat 4, runs that like a charm on medium. Ive gotten into overclockin the card, but so far ive only increased 20mhz on mem and 15mhz on core, still need to bring up and test more for stability. but yea, i dont see an upgrade in the future for a whole new system, but if i can get a job over the summer ill be able to afford a new mobo with agp

    Poppn, Jul 6, 2005
  11. Poppn

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    I'd go for the Gainward FX PowerPack! Pro/660 TV/DVI 64Mb PCI. Definitly the best PCI card out there.

    Silverstrand, Jul 6, 2005
  12. Poppn

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    I suggest just save up and build a new system rather then putting money into your old one.

    stlava, Jul 6, 2005
  13. Poppn

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    I think save he money is also a better choice. You can still savage the cpu and memory and you can even look into buying an used mobo gfx card for the time being.

    PUTALE, Jul 7, 2005
  14. Poppn

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    I reckon u should work this summer :D, and get enough money to start coving the New system, don't worry about Graphics for the time being, and GO WILD :D when u have the money :D

    unholy, Jul 7, 2005
  15. Poppn

    werty316

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    96
    Skip anything PCI and save up for a full upgrade. AMD of course, PCI-E maybe SLI if you have the $ too.

    werty316, Jul 9, 2005
  16. Poppn

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    I think given to the fact that he is still in school and has no money, I wouldn't recommend going for SLI. REgular pcie should do the job.:)

    PUTALE, Jul 9, 2005