    for it but cant figure out an exact plan for the swap without going to
    driver hell. is it as easy as shutting down , swapping cards, booting
    - will the old drivers get in the way of the boot/win2k load - then
    installing the new drivers. oh yea, i am not a gamer at all...hearts
    and freecell and thats it. dell refuses to support me because i
    installed win2k instead of keeping their xp home, so i really need
    some solid advice here and TIA
    dakine, Apr 29, 2004

  2. dakine

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:33:09 GMT, dakine <> wrote:

    >i just got a new dell 8300 with the ati radeon 9800 pro 128 card and
    >it makes more noise than an 18 wheeler on the freeway and i dont
    >like/want it. so i bought a lesser card from dell and have the driver
    >for it but cant figure out an exact plan for the swap without going to
    >driver hell. is it as easy as shutting down , swapping cards, booting
    >- will the old drivers get in the way of the boot/win2k load - then
    >installing the new drivers. oh yea, i am not a gamer at all...hearts
    >and freecell and thats it. dell refuses to support me because i
    >installed win2k instead of keeping their xp home, so i really need
    >some solid advice here and TIA

    Just swap out the card. Windows will find the new card and install the
    drivers for it. If the drivers ARE needed, just point device wizard to the
    media you have the drivers on.
    As for the old drivers, don't worry over it. They take very little HD space
    and won't cause a problem. Besides, if you ever put the card back in, it'll
    work right off as the drivers are already installed.
    Unk, Apr 29, 2004

  3. dakine

    Win Guest

    Dell sold you a computer that you were not happy with then supplied you
    another card but did not offer to put it in for you
    slace
    what about your warranty

    remove drivers for ati in add remove programs
    take side off pc
    turn off wall socket
    unscrew top card
    pull it out
    push new one in
    put pc back together
    turn on
    wait for everything to load
    you may have to click next next next a few times
    your may even be asked to restart
    doso if asked
    once windows is all loaded
    put in video card cd and load drivers by following instructions

    Lastly
    NEVER BUY DELL AGAIN

    ps my address is fo real if you are still stuck
    And what are you going to do with the old card

    Win, Apr 29, 2004
  4. dakine

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Win decided it
    was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > ps my address is fo real if you are still stuck
    > And what are you going to do with the old card

    Are you 'fo real' too ?

    I've read two posts by you, and both make so little sense they need reading
    at least twice.

    Either:

    a) read your posts BEFORE you send them, to see if they make sense.
    b) take a deep breath every now and then, it helps to control your typing.
    c) don't post.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 29, 2004
  5. slumpy wrote:

    > ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Win decided it
    > was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >

    >>ps my address is fo real if you are still stuck
    >>And what are you going to do with the old card

    > Are you 'fo real' too ?
    >
    > I've read two posts by you, and both make so little sense they need reading
    > at least twice.
    >
    > Either:
    >
    > a) read your posts BEFORE you send them, to see if they make sense.
    > b) take a deep breath every now and then, it helps to control your typing.
    > c) don't post.

    You coud have added:
    d) Sack your current EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher
    e) Get a new EFL teacher eith a recognised qualification - avoiding
    Australians, if possible*.

    * Not that Australians don't produce good EFL teachers, this is just
    general life-advice.
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 29, 2004
  6. dakine

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Palindrâ~»me
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> ...and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Win
    >> decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:
    >>

    >>> ps my address is fo real if you are still stuck
    >>> And what are you going to do with the old card

    >> Are you 'fo real' too ?
    >>
    >> I've read two posts by you, and both make so little sense they need
    >> reading at least twice.
    >>
    >> Either:
    >>
    >> a) read your posts BEFORE you send them, to see if they make sense.
    >> b) take a deep breath every now and then, it helps to control your
    >> typing. c) don't post.

    > You coud have added:
    > d) Sack your current EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher
    > e) Get a new EFL teacher eith a recognised qualification - avoiding
    > Australians, if possible*.
    >

    > * Not that Australians don't produce good EFL teachers, this is just
    > general life-advice.

    *agreed ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 29, 2004
  7. dakine

    Win Guest

    like it lump it me no care
    The advice is sound even if the spelling ain't
    have a dictionary but to spellcheck my work is to much like work
    so put up with it misspeld and with no grammer
    or read it not at all
    of cause you can pay for the spellchecked advice
    plenty do but not at hours like now

    Win, Apr 29, 2004
  8. dakine

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Win decided it
    was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > like it lump it me no care
    > The advice is sound even if the spelling ain't
    > have a dictionary but to spellcheck my work is to much like work
    > so put up with it misspeld and with no grammer
    > or read it not at all
    > of cause you can pay for the spellchecked advice
    > plenty do but not at hours like now

    WHAT ????

    Do you fart and put it through a voice recognition program ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 29, 2004
  9. Win wrote:

    > like it lump it me no care
    > The advice is sound even if the spelling ain't
    > have a dictionary but to spellcheck my work is to much like work
    > so put up with it misspeld and with no grammer
    > or read it not at all
    > of cause you can pay for the spellchecked advice
    > plenty do but not at hours like now

    Language is a tool and, like any tool, benefits no one if it is
    misused. Grammer isn't there for fun; it is there to make the author's
    meaning clear and to help avoid ambiguity. Spelling is important too,
    particularly if your audience includes those for whom english is
    difficult. Coping with a foreign language is difficult enough, without
    having that compounded by words that they can't find in their
    dictionaries.

    FWIW, I do commend you for trying to help people. But please consider
    going the extra inch to make your posts as readable and as
    understandable as you can. Just put yourself in the position of some
    of your readers and imagine what it must be like. Unless, of course,
    you are a Parisian* and hence enjoy making life difficult for people.

    * OK. That is a bit unfair, I should have included Parisiennes.
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 29, 2004
  10. dakine

    Win Guest

    <snip>

    > Do you fart and put it through a voice recognition program ?

    hahaha
    like it
    must go fart.com and try that

    I simply cannot spell
    dislepsicx you see
    and I cannot spell that either

    It's a bugger really

    Win, Apr 29, 2004
  11. dakine

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Win decided it
    was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > <snip>
    >>
    >> Do you fart and put it through a voice recognition program ?

    > hahaha
    > like it
    > must go fart.com and try that
    >
    > I simply cannot spell
    > dislepsicx you see
    > and I cannot spell that either
    >
    > It's a bugger really

    Then slow down. Nobody will read any advice you give in the way you do,
    which may be unfortunate if your advice is good.

    Sometimes people think posting on Usenet (esp in /this/ group) is a race,
    and you get points for answering the question first.

    Me, I like to read others' replies, then pass them off as my own in another
    fresh reply.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 29, 2004
  12. slumpy wrote:
    <snip>
    > Me, I like to read others' replies, then pass them off as my own in another
    > fresh reply.

    ROFL - it's the way you tell them.
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 29, 2004
  13. dakine

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Palindrâ~»me
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > slumpy wrote:
    > <snip>
    >> Me, I like to read others' replies, then pass them off as my own in
    >> another fresh reply.

    > ROFL - it's the way you tell them.

    He heeey !!

    Now there's a seriously funny guy - I remember that Clive Anderson show from
    years back, friday nights, where CA would dominate and destroy every guest
    (remember the Bee Gees ?? Fucking Hell!) and then Frank Carson came on and
    CA never got a word in.

    Not in the same league as Billy Connolly but close :)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 29, 2004
  14. dakine

    Win Guest

    set outlook to be default mail client as it automatically checks emails on
    the fly.
    Much better than when mail is sent
    Unfortunately MS did not think on the fly spell checking important
    Hence did not incorporator it into Outlook newsreader
    Dam
    I like my grammar style
    The spelling is a pain
    for me and all that read
    but
    hassle
    hassle
    it is to much of
    So will leave it to slumpy to figure out what the hay I mean
    and repost if you think that is important

    Win, Apr 29, 2004
  15. Win wrote:
    <snip>
    > Dam
    > I like my grammar style

    <snip>
    If you don't make the effort - why should anyone else? And you may
    just have need of THEIR help, one day.

    *Plonk*
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 29, 2004
  16. dakine

    Win Guest

    If you bothered to read the last post you will see I did make the effort
    Or is there something that is hard to understand in the last post
    Tate is for a pa(sp)??? person that you mentioned before perhaps

    But serious as you use these sites so much (maybe)
    is there a program that will do what I want
    that is
    check spelling on the fly (like word)
    Ta

    Now do you know of any software ho

    Win, Apr 29, 2004
  17. dakine

    gangle Guest

    There is no excuse for lazy, incoherent writing. It is
    not a style -- it's a just a difficult-to-understand collection
    of words. No one should have to labor twice as
    hard to attempt to fathom what you might or might not
    be trying to say simply because you can't be bothered
    to work half as much as you could and should. That you
    "like" to write poorly says everything about who and
    what you are. Nothing short of mental retardation
    could prevent you from improving yourself via study and
    practice, but you obviously aren't interested at working
    at it, so why should anyone bother to work at trying to
    understand your jumbled messages?

    "Win" wrote
    gangle, Apr 29, 2004
  18. dakine

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel gangle decided
    it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > There is no excuse for lazy, incoherent writing. It is
    > not a style -- it's a just a difficult-to-understand collection
    > of words. No one should have to labor twice as
    > hard to attempt to fathom what you might or might not
    > be trying to say simply because you can't be bothered
    > to work half as much as you could and should. That you
    > "like" to write poorly says everything about who and
    > what you are. Nothing short of mental retardation
    > could prevent you from improving yourself via study and
    > practice, but you obviously aren't interested at working
    > at it, so why should anyone bother to work at trying to
    > understand your jumbled messages?

    Eloquent.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Apr 29, 2004
  19. slumpy wrote:

    > Me, I like to read others' replies, then pass them off as my own in
    > another fresh reply.

    Oh THAT'S where those incredible pieces of baroque invention come from! :)
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Apr 30, 2004
  20. dakine

    slumpy Guest

    ....and with no more than a cursory glance at the dead camel Gary G. Taylor
    decided it was time to put the World to rights with this little gem:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> Me, I like to read others' replies, then pass them off as my own in
    >> another fresh reply.

    > Oh THAT'S where those incredible pieces of baroque invention come
    > from! :)

    You don't think I read 18 different groups on 6 readers across 8 different
    accounts under 18 different names for the sheer /pleasure/ of it, do you ?

    "It's /not/ plagiarism, it's wages."
    --
    slumpy
    no more