    mcp6453 Guest

    If you cannot afford a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card, what would your
    second choice be for use on a PC running Windows XP?
    mcp6453, Dec 15, 2004

  2. mcp6453

    NightSky 421 Guest

    "mcp6453" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > If you cannot afford a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card, what would your
    > second choice be for use on a PC running Windows XP?

    Being loyal to ATI right now, I'd say the 9600XT or 9600 Pro.
    NightSky 421, Dec 16, 2004

  3. mcp6453

    The One Guest

    "NightSky 421" <> wrote in message
    > "mcp6453" <> wrote in message
    >> If you cannot afford a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card, what would your
    >> second choice be for use on a PC running Windows XP?

    > Being loyal to ATI right now.........

    Why!?
    The One, Dec 16, 2004
  4. mcp6453

    NightSky 421 Guest

    "The One" <> wrote in message
    > Why!?

    Just my solid experience in owning their video cards again for the last
    couple of years. In my experience, problems have been few and far between.
    Driver support has been great as well.
    NightSky 421, Dec 16, 2004
  5. mcp6453

    Jerry G. Guest

    The Truth About Anything:

    There is no free ride. You get what you pay for. Most of the major
    manufacture cards are very descent. It is more a preference of taste at this
    point. In anycase, whatever card you get at the same level, the price will
    be around the same. There are no free deals.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Dec 16, 2004
  6. mcp6453

    > "The One" <> wrote in message
    >> Why!?

    > Just my solid experience in owning their video cards again for the last
    > couple of years. In my experience, problems have been few and far
    > between. Driver support has been great as well.

    Good answer, I've been looking at buying a new FX card but not sure whether
    to go for NVIDIA or ATI, NVIDIA stands out best for me.
    The One, Dec 16, 2004
  7. mcp6453

    NightSky 421 Guest

    "The One" <> wrote in message

    > Good answer, I've been looking at buying a new FX card but not sure
    > whether to go for NVIDIA or ATI, NVIDIA stands out best for me.

    The two companies are highly competitive with each other right now, and that
    makes us as consumers the winners!
    NightSky 421, Dec 17, 2004
  8. mcp6453

    Beachcomber Guest

    On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:52:27 -0500, "Jerry G." <>
    wrote:

    >The Truth About Anything:
    >
    >There is no free ride. You get what you pay for. Most of the major
    >manufacture cards are very descent. It is more a preference of taste at this
    >point. In anycase, whatever card you get at the same level, the price will
    >be around the same. There are no free deals.
    >
    >--

    I'm not a gamer, but I do edit and record video to DVD. What would be
    the best card to do broadcast quality NTSC video in and out?

    All suggestions are appreciated!

    Thanks!

    Beachcomber
    Beachcomber, Dec 17, 2004
  9. mcp6453

    The One Guest

    "Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    > The Truth About Anything:...............................................
    > Thats a lie
    >
    > There is no free ride. You get what you pay for. Most of the major
    > manufacture cards are very descent. It is more a preference of taste at
    > this
    > point. In anycase, whatever card you get at the same level, the price will
    > be around the same. There are no free deals.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Jerry G. Mutters
    > =====

    There are my hopes dashed of getting a free graphics card, whats tasteful I
    want my graphics card to be bright red with pretty pictures on the side.
    never mind what it can do i just want prettyness
    The One, Dec 17, 2004