    vary either.
    From the list in the link below,I think I would go for the actual nVidia
    card.

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ch.asp?keywords=FX 5500&image1.x=3&image1.y=5

    What do you think?
    cheers
    me, Aug 8, 2005

  2. me

    The One Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message
    news:V4RJe.299909$Qo.38179@fed1read01...
    > I'm looking at getting rid of my old 128mb 4X ATI card for an 8X one with
    > the nVidia FX5500 chip and 256mb on board.(I have 8X AGP mobo) What I want
    > to know is,considering there are several different brands with the same
    > chip,would it really matter which brand of card i get? They all look
    > basically the same apart from the colour,and the description of each

    dosen't
    > vary either.
    > From the list in the link below,I think I would go for the actual nVidia
    > card.

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ch.asp?keywords=FX 5500&image1.x=3&image1.y=5

    > What do you think?
    > cheers

    Firstly why go for a 5500 when that itself is a old chip and wouldn't run
    anything fairly new in the way of games. I dont know what the going rate of
    a 5500 is but id certainly think of getting at least a 6600gt.

    Going back to the card makes, there is suttle differences in performance
    from manufacturer to manufacturer but nothing to get in a twist over unless
    it comes overclocked. Usually XFX cards are the best though it doesnt really
    matter to much.
    The One, Aug 9, 2005