    problem for years. Would getting a new graphics/video card most likely
    solve this ongoing problem. I'd like to keep this computer for a few
    years. What do you all think? Thanks.

    jtees4, Nov 29, 2006

  2. jtees4

    Neil Green Guest

    "jtees4" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a pretty old system. Was top of the line at
    >the time. It is HP
    > with P4, 2.0. Still runs good, but have had an
    > ongoing problem with
    > crashes caused by my NVidia file nv_4 something or
    > other. Had this
    > problem for years. Would getting a new
    > graphics/video card most likely
    > solve this ongoing problem. I'd like to keep this
    > computer for a few
    > years. What do you all think? Thanks.

    Go to the nVidia web site and download the latest
    drivers.

    Neil Green, Nov 30, 2006

  3. jtees4 wrote:
    > I have a pretty old system. Was top of the line at the time. It is HP
    > with P4, 2.0. Still runs good, but have had an ongoing problem with
    > crashes caused by my NVidia file nv_4 something or other. Had this
    > problem for years. Would getting a new graphics/video card most likely
    > solve this ongoing problem. I'd like to keep this computer for a few
    > years. What do you all think? Thanks.

    Check www.driverguide.com for a new driver. You need to register, but
    it's free.

    Julian Treadwell, Dec 1, 2006
  4. jtees4

    jtees4 Guest

    On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:40:08 +1100, "Neil Green"
    <> wrote:

    >"jtees4" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a pretty old system. Was top of the line at
    >>the time. It is HP
    >> with P4, 2.0. Still runs good, but have had an
    >> ongoing problem with
    >> crashes caused by my NVidia file nv_4 something or
    >> other. Had this
    >> problem for years. Would getting a new
    >> graphics/video card most likely
    >> solve this ongoing problem. I'd like to keep this
    >> computer for a few
    >> years. What do you all think? Thanks.

    >Go to the nVidia web site and download the latest
    >drivers.

    Been there. Done that. Works for awhile, then same stuff
    happens...sometimes a matter of weeks, sometimes a matter of days.
    This is what leasds me to think it may be hardware problem. Thanks
    for the response.

    jtees4, Dec 3, 2006
  5. jtees4

    jtees4 Guest

    On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:05:02 +1000, Julian Treadwell
    <> wrote:

    >jtees4 wrote:
    >> I have a pretty old system. Was top of the line at the time. It is HP
    >> with P4, 2.0. Still runs good, but have had an ongoing problem with
    >> crashes caused by my NVidia file nv_4 something or other. Had this
    >> problem for years. Would getting a new graphics/video card most likely
    >> solve this ongoing problem. I'd like to keep this computer for a few
    >> years. What do you all think? Thanks.

    >Check www.driverguide.com for a new driver. You need to register, but
    >it's free.

    I will check it out. Thank you.

    jtees4, Dec 3, 2006
  6. jtees4

    Neil Green Guest

    "jtees4" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:40:08 +1100, "Neil Green"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"jtees4" <> wrote in message
    >>>I have a pretty old system. Was top of the line at
    >>>the time. It is HP
    >>> with P4, 2.0. Still runs good, but have had an
    >>> ongoing problem with
    >>> crashes caused by my NVidia file nv_4 something or
    >>> other. Had this
    >>> problem for years. Would getting a new
    >>> graphics/video card most likely
    >>> solve this ongoing problem. I'd like to keep this
    >>> computer for a few
    >>> years. What do you all think? Thanks.

    >>Go to the nVidia web site and download the latest
    >>drivers.
    >>

    > Been there. Done that. Works for awhile, then same
    > stuff
    > happens...sometimes a matter of weeks, sometimes a
    > matter of days.
    > This is what leasds me to think it may be hardware
    > problem. Thanks
    > for the response.

    Make sure you uninstall the card before you update the
    drivers.
    Don't pysically remove it, uninstall it in device
    manager.
    Search your PC for the NVidia file nv_4 and delete the
    directory it's in after you uninstall the card but
    before you reboot to load the updated drivers.

    Neil Green, Dec 4, 2006
  7. jtees4

    jtees4 Guest

    On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:54:47 +1100, "Neil Green"
    <> wrote:

    >"jtees4" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:40:08 +1100, "Neil Green"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"jtees4" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>Go to the nVidia web site and download the latest
    >>>drivers.
    >>>

    >> Been there. Done that. Works for awhile, then same
    >> stuff
    >> happens...sometimes a matter of weeks, sometimes a
    >> matter of days.
    >> This is what leasds me to think it may be hardware
    >> problem. Thanks
    >> for the response.

    >Make sure you uninstall the card before you update the
    >drivers.
    >Don't pysically remove it, uninstall it in device
    >manager.
    >Search your PC for the NVidia file nv_4 and delete the
    >directory it's in after you uninstall the card but
    >before you reboot to load the updated drivers.

    I will try it tonight. Thanks.

    jtees4, Dec 4, 2006