    The card is compatible with my computer so I don't know why the monitor will
    not do anything. Any ideas?

    Matt

    Matthew, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Matthew

    Matthew Guest

    I should mention that the lod graphics card (Gforece2) still works fine.

    "Matthew" <Unknown> wrote in message
    > I just bought a new video card for my computer (Radeon 9600 SE AGP). When

    > turn on the computer and monitor the monitor acts as if the computer is

    not
    > on. The computer runs but nothing shows up on the monitor. The monitor

    power

    Matthew, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Matthew

    Thor Guest

    > I should mention that the lod graphics card (Gforece2) still works fine.
    >
    > "Matthew" <Unknown> wrote in message
    > > I just bought a new video card for my computer (Radeon 9600 SE AGP).

    When
    > > turn on the computer and monitor the monitor acts as if the computer is

    > not
    > > on. The computer runs but nothing shows up on the monitor. The monitor

    > power
    > > light stays orange (computer off/hibernate) instead of green (computer

    on)
    > > The card is compatible with my computer so I don't know why the monitor

    > will
    > > not do anything. Any ideas?

    Sounds like the card itself isn't properly initializing. The monitor relies
    on seeing a sync signal from the video card, in order to bring it out of
    standby mode. Either the video card isn't sending a sync signal, or it's
    default refresh rate is beyond the monitor's capability. You may have a
    defective card, or an outdated monitor. I would guess that the card may be
    defective. Try the card in another PC if possible.

    Thor, Aug 22, 2004