Video card, possible PSU problem.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dave, Mar 25, 2005.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I just bought a Gigabyte GeForce 6600GT and installed it into my computer.
    It takes power from the Power Supply to run, which I had to take from my
    DVD-ROM that was a secondary drive.

    Whenever my DVD-RW is in use (to install drivers/try out a game) the
    computer freezes.

    I believe this may be due to the PSU only being a 350W, but before buying a
    450, I wanted to make sure that this would in fact be the problem with the
    card.

    My system is a P4 3.2 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, 80Gb and 200Gb HDD, DVD-RW, DVD-ROM
    ASUS P4S800 Mobo, WinTV Tuner. Right now I am using on-board graphics until
    I can get the new PSU or figure out the problem.

    Thanks for any help.

    --
    Dave

    Dave, Mar 25, 2005

  2. Dave

    Mr Floppy Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > I just bought a Gigabyte GeForce 6600GT and installed it into my computer.
    > It takes power from the Power Supply to run, which I had to take from my
    > DVD-ROM that was a secondary drive.
    >
    > Whenever my DVD-RW is in use (to install drivers/try out a game) the
    > computer freezes.
    >
    > I believe this may be due to the PSU only being a 350W, but before buying
    > a 450, I wanted to make sure that this would in fact be the problem with
    > the card.
    >
    > My system is a P4 3.2 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, 80Gb and 200Gb HDD, DVD-RW, DVD-ROM
    > ASUS P4S800 Mobo, WinTV Tuner. Right now I am using on-board graphics
    > until I can get the new PSU or figure out the problem.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    Un-FUCKING-believable
    --
    Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

    Mr Floppy, Mar 26, 2005

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    : Un-FUCKING-believable
    :

    So I ask a question and you post this? Do you know what the problem may be?
    On a post to a different forum someone thought I had one DVD drive, when in
    fact the post reads that I have two. I have completely uninstalled the
    other drive.

    He had a smartassed answer like yours, so I thought maybe you thought the
    same thing.

    Dave

    --
    : Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

    Dave, Mar 26, 2005
  4. Dave

    Mr Floppy Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > : Un-FUCKING-believable
    > :
    >
    > So I ask a question and you post this?

    You seem surprised?

    > Do you know what the problem may
    > be?

    Do you know what it isn't?

    > On a post to a different forum someone thought I had one DVD drive,
    > when in
    > fact the post reads that I have two. I have completely uninstalled the
    > other drive.

    Well, kudos to you.

    > He had a smartassed answer like yours, so I thought maybe you thought the
    > same thing.

    Two "smartassed" answers, from one fuckwitted question, you're lucky.

    --
    Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

    Mr Floppy, Mar 26, 2005
  5. Dave

    BagLady Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    >: Un-FUCKING-believable
    > :
    >
    > So I ask a question and you post this? Do you know what the problem may
    > be?
    > On a post to a different forum someone thought I had one DVD drive, when
    > in
    > fact the post reads that I have two. I have completely uninstalled the
    > other drive.
    >
    > He had a smartassed answer like yours, so I thought maybe you thought the
    > same thing.
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > --
    > : Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

    Dave, both Mr Floppy and Wizard are a couple of friendless fools
    who only have the web, it's the only method they have to boost
    their low self esteem.

    BagLady, Mar 26, 2005
  6. Dave

    Mr Floppy Guest

    BagLady wrote:

    > Dave, both Mr Floppy and Wizard are a couple of friendless fools
    > who only have the web, it's the only method they have to boost
    > their low self esteem.

    Well, at least your right about that Wizard ****.

    Ohhhh, and I dont use the "web" for Usenet, if you had as much brains as the
    malformed lump of retarded flesh you call a tit, you would be able to see
    that.

    --
    Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

    Mr Floppy, Mar 26, 2005
  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Mr Floppy" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
    : Dave wrote:
    :

    :
    : > Do you know what the problem may
    : > be?
    :
    : Do you know what it isn't?

    I don't believe it would be the DVD Drive, I really believe it is a lack of
    power in the system, but I wanted another opinion before buying one.

    : >
    : > He had a smartassed answer like yours, so I thought maybe you thought
    the
    : > same thing.
    :
    : Two "smartassed" answers, from one fuckwitted question, you're lucky.

    I don't understand what is dumb about my question. My videocard is
    obviously causing my system to lock up whenever something is in use. But I
    want to be sure, there are a lot of experienced people out there that may
    know something I looked over.

    If you can help, I appreciate it.

    Dave

    :
    : >
    : > Dave
    : >
    :
    : --
    : Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

    Dave, Mar 26, 2005
  8. Dave

    Mr Floppy Guest

    Dave wrote:

    > I don't believe it would be the DVD Drive, I really believe it is a lack
    > of power in the system, but I wanted another opinion before buying one.

    So try a differen't PSU BEFORE you buy one, you fucking mental arse target.

    Fuckin hell, do you want me to hold your hand while you install it?

    --
    Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

    Mr Floppy, Mar 26, 2005
  9. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Mr Floppy" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
    : Dave wrote:
    :

    Okay, I see. The only thing is the other PSU I have is a 250, but I will
    give it a shot. Thanks!

    : So try a differen't PSU BEFORE you buy one, you fucking mental arse
    target.
    :
    Okay, I see. The only thing is the other PSU I have is a 250, but I will
    give it a shot. Thanks!

    : Fuckin hell, do you want me to hold your hand while you install it?

    No, I'll need both hands to install it!

    Dave
    :
    : --
    : Haya Garn Mate.....I Fuggin Job Ya.

    Dave, Mar 26, 2005
  10. Dave

    Wizard Guest

    Mr Floppy wrote:
    > BagLady wrote:
    >

    >> Dave, both Mr Floppy and Wizard are a couple of friendless fools
    >> who only have the web, it's the only method they have to boost
    >> their low self esteem.

    > Well, at least your right about that Wizard ****.

    She's still mad because I refused sex with her.

    Wizard, Mar 26, 2005