Video card? or motherboard? problem.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tesfalem Gebremariam, Nov 18, 2005.

  1. When the computer is being used The monitor goes blank and when i push
    the reset button the computer turns back on for a second.
    Tesfalem Gebremariam, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Tesfalem Gebremariam

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:33:21 -0800, "Tesfalem Gebremariam"
    <> wrote:

    >When the computer is being used The monitor goes blank and when i push
    >the reset button the computer turns back on for a second.

    No way to tell. Try a different monitor. If it does the same thing,
    try a different video card.
    Evan Platt, Nov 18, 2005

  3. Tesfalem Gebremariam

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Tesfalem
    Gebremariam <> wrote:

    > When the computer is being used The monitor goes blank and when i push
    > the reset button the computer turns back on for a second.

    That doesn't make any sense.
    I think that second 'computer' is supposed to be 'monitor', yes?

    But let's consider a simple one:
    How old is the motherboard battery?
    Mitch, Nov 19, 2005