    How would one obtain an instruction manual for it ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Robert11

    Sky King Guest

    Robert11 wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > Have a new PC running XP for which I ordered it with a
    > "128 MB PCI Express X16 ATI Radeon X 300 SE" video card.
    >
    > I imagine that it has loads of setting and bells and whistles that I would
    > like to learn about, and experiment with.
    >
    > Looked high and low in Explorer, done Searches using XP's search aplet,
    > looked in the Control Panel, etc., but
    > just can't locate any reference to it.

    Control Panel, Display; then Settings/Advanced.

    > How would one obtain an instruction manual for it ?

    Did you check the documentation that came with the computer? If not there,
    check the website for the company that sold you the computer. Or the ATI
    website.

    --

    ....Sky

    =============

    Sky King, Nov 28, 2004

  3. Robert11 wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Have a new PC running XP for which I ordered it with a
    > "128 MB PCI Express X16 ATI Radeon X 300 SE" video card.
    >
    > I imagine that it has loads of setting and bells and whistles that I would
    > like to learn about, and experiment with.
    >
    > Looked high and low in Explorer, done Searches using XP's search aplet,
    > looked in the Control Panel, etc., but
    > just can't locate any reference to it.
    >
    > Where might it be ?
    >
    > How would one obtain an instruction manual for it ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Couple of places to check: right click on your desktop, choose
    Properties, Settings tab, poke around in there. Go to the Advanced
    window. Also, if all the ATI software was loaded (no guarantee that it
    was) there is normally an icon in the system tray. Double click it and
    look around there. There may also be an ATI program group under your
    Start menu, All programs.

    And you can do a Google search for your "PCI Express ATI Radeon X
    300SE", you'll see links with lots of info.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 28, 2004
  4. Robert11

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:38:21 -0500, Robert11 wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >Have a new PC running XP for which I ordered it with a
    >"128 MB PCI Express X16 ATI Radeon X 300 SE" video card.
    >
    >I imagine that it has loads of setting and bells and whistles that I would
    >like to learn about, and experiment with.
    >
    >Looked high and low in Explorer, done Searches using XP's search aplet,

    Why?

    >looked in the Control Panel, etc., but

    Display?

    >just can't locate any reference to it.

    Start / Programs / and something starting with ATI?

    >Where might it be ?

    Get supplier to provide the manual?

    Get the supplier to install the full set of software?

    On the D/L page for ATI, oddly enough it mentions.
    Display Driver, CATALYST Control Center,

    >How would one obtain an instruction manual for it ?

    The 1st may be a bit obvious, the second always helps.
    www.ati.com
    www.google.com

    Me

    why?, Nov 28, 2004
  5. Robert11

    Buffalo Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > Have a new PC running XP for which I ordered it with a
    > "128 MB PCI Express X16 ATI Radeon X 300 SE" video card.
    >
    > I imagine that it has loads of setting and bells and whistles that I would
    > like to learn about, and experiment with.
    >
    > Looked high and low in Explorer, done Searches using XP's search aplet,
    > looked in the Control Panel, etc., but
    > just can't locate any reference to it.
    >
    > Where might it be ?
    >
    > How would one obtain an instruction manual for it ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    This should get you started in the right direction:
    http://www.ati.com/products/radeonx300/specs.html

    Buffalo, Nov 29, 2004