    new card I used the on-board video (no card was installed into the AGP
    slot).

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    JayJay, Jun 18, 2005

  2. JayJay

    RBM Guest

    If your bios setting is onboard/agp I think it's backwards and should read
    AGP/onboard

    RBM, Jun 18, 2005

  3. JayJay

    JayJay Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:35:05 -0400, RBM wrote:

    >> Recently purchased a new video card (Colorful 6600GT) and after
    >> installing the card noticed that the fan wasn't running. Shut down,
    >> and reset the card into the AGP slot and tried again, still no joy.
    >> The card has a 4-pin power connector which was connected to the PSU
    >> via a spare molex connector.
    >> Sent the card back to the supplier, who has tested the card and states
    >> that there is no problem with the card, and is sending it back to me.
    >>
    >> Does a 6600GT card need the extra 4-pin connector for the fan to run,
    >> or should the fan run when just fitted into the AGP slot?
    >> I've tested the 4-pin connector with a multi-meter and it shows 12v.
    >>
    >> Motherboard fitted is a Soltek SL-75MRN with on-board video and bios
    >> set for "Init Display First Onboard/AGP". Previous to installing the
    >> new card I used the on-board video (no card was installed into the AGP
    >> slot).
    >>
    >> Any help would be much appreciated.

    > If your bios setting is onboard/agp I think it's backwards and should read
    > AGP/onboard
    > "JayJay" <> wrote in message

    The bios has only two options, they are "Onboard/AGP or PCI Slot"
    there is no way to change "Onboard/AGP" to "AGP/Onboard".

    My understanding of this is that if the monitor cable was fitted to
    the VGA of the on-board video, the on-board would be used. If the
    cable was fitted onto the card VGA connector the AGP would be
    selected.

    JayJay, Jun 18, 2005