    ( yes, we have closed the wizard and installed from the cd supplied with the
    device.......same result)
    Mike.

    Mike The Brewer, Oct 8, 2010

  2. Mike The Brewer

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike The Brewer wrote:

    > When the driver is installed, each time the device is plugged in , the XP
    > connect sound is immediately followed by the "Found new hardwear" wizard and
    > we are back to square one.
    > ( yes, we have closed the wizard and installed from the cd supplied with the
    > device.......same result)

    Wait. What is the rest of the story which starts above? Go from using
    the cd install program, followed by found new hardware wizard -- then
    what happens exactly?

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Oct 8, 2010

  3. Mike The Brewer wrote:
    > Has anyone had probs with usb video capture devices failing to be recognised
    > in xp, even when the drivers have been installed properly ?
    > This is a device which is supposed to capture video+ sound from dvd,
    > camcorder, vhs etc.
    > input from phono, scart or s-video.
    > Software supplied with the device ( U-lead Video Studio), will not recognise
    > the device it is meant to work with.

    Uh huh. Did ya go to their website and CONFIRM that there is an XP
    driver for it?

    > When the driver is installed, each time the device is plugged in , the XP
    > connect sound is immediately followed by the "Found new hardwear" wizard and
    > we are back to square one.

    Then the driver isnt like compatible & stuff.
    <nods>

    > ( yes, we have closed the wizard and installed from the cd supplied with the
    > device.......same result)
    > Mike.

    Might have to surgically remove "driver" from registry, then install the
    proper
    driver, yo.
    New Hardware isnt necessarily backwards compatible with End Of Life
    Micro$oft OSes liek XP.

    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 8, 2010