    computer in it, just some standalone device that can capture video and
    record it to an external hard drive.
    Does anyone have ideas or suggestions?
    J.Meyer, Feb 18, 2008

  2. J.Meyer

    Netmask Guest

    "J.Meyer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have cameras with 1394b, 9-pin, firewire connections.
    > I am looking for a standalone device to capture video from these
    > cameras.
    > After much searching, I've found nothing.
    > Is there something I'm missing? I don't want to include a laptop or
    > computer in it, just some standalone device that can capture video and
    > record it to an external hard drive.
    > Does anyone have ideas or suggestions?

    Are you not in a position to install a firewire card in your computer?

    http://www.firewire-1394.com/

    http://www.i-tech.com.au/items.aspx?id=12987
    Netmask, Feb 18, 2008

  3. J.Meyer

    J.Meyer Guest

    On Feb 18, 4:05 pm, "Netmask" <> wrote:
    > "J.Meyer" <> wrote in message

    > >I have cameras with 1394b, 9-pin, firewire connections.
    > > I am looking for a standalone device to capture video from these
    > > cameras.
    > > After much searching, I've found nothing.
    > > Is there something I'm missing?  I don't want to include a laptop or
    > > computer in it, just some standalone device that can capture video and
    > > record it to an external hard drive.
    > > Does anyone have ideas or suggestions?

    > Are you not in a position to install a firewire card in your computer?
    >
    > http://www.firewire-1394.com/
    >
    > http://www.i-tech.com.au/items.aspx?id=12987

    Let's say, I do not have a computer for this purpose.
    I would like to capture the video onto some sort of standalone device.
    J.Meyer, Feb 18, 2008
  4. J.Meyer

    Netmask Guest

    "J.Meyer" <> wrote in message
    On Feb 18, 4:05 pm, "Netmask" <> wrote:
    > "J.Meyer" <> wrote in message

    > >I have cameras with 1394b, 9-pin, firewire connections.
    > > I am looking for a standalone device to capture video from these
    > > cameras.
    > > After much searching, I've found nothing.
    > > Is there something I'm missing? I don't want to include a laptop or
    > > computer in it, just some standalone device that can capture video and
    > > record it to an external hard drive.
    > > Does anyone have ideas or suggestions?

    > Are you not in a position to install a firewire card in your computer?
    >
    > http://www.firewire-1394.com/
    >
    > http://www.i-tech.com.au/items.aspx?id=12987

    Let's say, I do not have a computer for this purpose.
    I would like to capture the video onto some sort of standalone device.

    What about this DVD recorder has 1394a input however I don't think there
    are any with 1394b (800) inputs. You can get an adapter to take 800 down to
    400 which I think is the only solution unless you can go via a computer with
    800 firewire
    http://www.compudirect.com/cgi-bin/...w_f.cgi&main_param=DW-136 pricegrab Component
    Netmask, Feb 19, 2008