    I am building a PC for video editing. I need a video capture card to for
    use with both analog video as well as digital video from camcorders.
    Recomendations please!!!!
    Lori, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Lori

    Miggsee Guest

    Miggsee, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Lori

    John.E Guest

    5700 series from Pine/NVidia. Just done one, cost under £110UK and rips both
    at 25FPS @ DV res. Could go Matrox X10/X100 (if U got a big wallet) but
    still need software for editing, though X100 does use more hardware so
    Premiere flies by comparison to Pinacle, FXF and other hardware
    grabbers/software renderers.

    JohnE

    John.E, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Lori

    jda^fx Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:55:41 GMT, "Lori" <> wrote:

    >I am building a PC for video editing. I need a video capture card to for
    >use with both analog video as well as digital video from camcorders.
    >Recomendations please!!!!

    When it is digital in from camcorders all you need is a firewire card.
    The DV standard only has 120 Kb/frame(PAL standard). When it comes to
    analog I would go for Matrox becuase it gives you the possibility of
    using hardware compression of the MJPEG codec wich is very good IMO.
    And don't go for the Pinnacle software. It will give you more sorrow
    than joy, it will not render proporly outside the clips if you have
    audio or grafic effects, it is a waste of money. Use your money on
    good hardware, and buy software like Adobe Premiere when you get
    better at editing.
    --
    and never X marks the spot
    jda^fx
    jda^fx, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Lori

    Hobbit Guest

    "jda^fx" <jda.sytes_rem@ve_tiscali.dk> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:55:41 GMT, "Lori" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I am building a PC for video editing. I need a video capture card to for
    > >use with both analog video as well as digital video from camcorders.
    > >Recomendations please!!!!
    > >

    > When it is digital in from camcorders all you need is a firewire card.
    > The DV standard only has 120 Kb/frame(PAL standard). When it comes to
    > analog I would go for Matrox becuase it gives you the possibility of
    > using hardware compression of the MJPEG codec wich is very good IMO.
    > And don't go for the Pinnacle software. It will give you more sorrow
    > than joy, it will not render proporly outside the clips if you have
    > audio or grafic effects, it is a waste of money. Use your money on
    > good hardware, and buy software like Adobe Premiere when you get
    > better at editing.
    > --
    > and never X marks the spot
    > jda^fx

    Matrox had a good bundle deal with the RX100 Xtreme Pro capture card and
    Adobe software a while back. I bought one and have never looked back. The
    deal may still be available, I'm not sure. In life you get what you pay for.
    Hobbit, Jan 31, 2004