    What about Dscaler? Does that support Vid IN?
    Sourceforge is down at the mo so can't check.

    TIA

    Mr User, Jan 29, 2006

  2. Mr User

    Martik Guest

    "Mr User" <> wrote in message
    news:q08Df.112202$...
    > Anyone care to recommend a FREE capture app?
    >
    > I have an old Pinnacle PCTV Card with S-Vid/Composite IN.
    > I use ChrisTV but doesn't seem to support Video IN.
    > What about Dscaler? Does that support Vid IN?
    > Sourceforge is down at the mo so can't check.
    >
    > TIA

    Windows movie maker (use high bit rate 2.1?)

    Virtualdub

    www.vcdhelp.com

    Martik, Jan 29, 2006

  3. Mr User

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:42:30 GMT, Mr User <> wrote:

    >Anyone care to recommend a FREE capture app?
    >
    >I have an old Pinnacle PCTV Card with S-Vid/Composite IN.
    >I use ChrisTV but doesn't seem to support Video IN.
    >What about Dscaler? Does that support Vid IN?
    >Sourceforge is down at the mo so can't check.
    >
    >TIA

    srip32

    Old original pages seem close but found this one. I tried it and it
    works.
    http://www.free-pc.hu/unic/graph/description/srip32.zip.html
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Jan 29, 2006
  4. Mr User

    Mr User Guest

    Martik wrote:
    > "Mr User" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone care to recommend a FREE capture app?

    > Virtualdub

    Great idea I have a copy. Thanks

    Mr User, Jan 29, 2006
  5. Mr User

    Mr User Guest

    Mr User wrote:
    > Martik wrote:
    >> "Mr User" <> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone care to recommend a FREE capture app?

    >> Virtualdub

    > Great idea I have a copy. Thanks

    Bah .. VirtualDub needs a VFW driver but I use a WDM Driver (BTwincap
    from sourceforge).

    Any other ideas folks.

    Mr User, Jan 29, 2006
  6. Mr User

    Martik Guest

    "Mr User" <> wrote in message
    > Mr User wrote:
    >> Martik wrote:

    >>> Virtualdub

    >> Great idea I have a copy. Thanks

    > Bah .. VirtualDub needs a VFW driver but I use a WDM Driver (BTwincap from
    > sourceforge).
    >
    > Any other ideas folks.

    http://faq.arstechnica.com/link.php?i=1287

    The updated VfW to WDM wrapper for Win2K and XP should make capturing with
    any WDM driver as full featured as with the VfW one, meaning the Hauppauge
    VfW driver is no longer such a big deal. See the information on how to
    install it on the VirtualDub site.

    Google "free video capture"

    Martik, Jan 29, 2006
  7. Mr User

    Mr User Guest

    Martik wrote:
    > http://faq.arstechnica.com/link.php?i=1287
    >
    > The updated VfW to WDM wrapper for Win2K and XP should make capturing with
    > any WDM driver as full featured as with the VfW one, meaning the Hauppauge
    > VfW driver is no longer such a big deal. See the information on how to
    > install it on the VirtualDub site.

    Thanks for your help.

    I've decided to use Dscaler which seems to work fine.

    http://www.virtualdub.org/docs_capture

    a WDM (Windows Driver Model) driver only; this can be used indirectly by
    VirtualDub through a Microsoft wrapper, but it is crippled in
    functionality and it also appears that the wrapper is buggy.

    Mr User, Jan 29, 2006
  8. Mr User

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Mr User <> wrote in

    > Mr User wrote:
    >> Martik wrote:

    >>> Virtualdub

    >> Great idea I have a copy. Thanks

    > Bah .. VirtualDub needs a VFW driver but I use a WDM Driver (BTwincap
    > from sourceforge).
    >
    > Any other ideas folks.

    VirtualVCR
    http://virtualvcr.sourceforge.net/
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/capture/start.html

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Jan 30, 2006
  9. Mr User wrote:

    Anyone care to recommend a FREE capture app?

    >I have an old Pinnacle PCTV Card with S-Vid/Composite IN.
    >I use ChrisTV but doesn't seem to support Video IN.
    >What about Dscaler? Does that support Vid IN?
    >Sourceforge is down at the mo so can't check.
    >
    >TIA

    Do you say you have an old Pinnacle PCTV Card with S-Vid/Composite IN for some special reason?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  10. Re: Re: Video capture app

    Mr User wrote:

    Martik wrote:

    >Great idea I have a copy. Thanks

    That's quite interesting.

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  11. Re: Re: Video capture app

    Mr User wrote:

    Mr User wrote:

    >Bah .. VirtualDub needs a VFW driver but I use a WDM Driver (BTwincap
    >from sourceforge).
    >
    >Any other ideas folks.

    Can you elaborate on that?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  12. Re: Re: Video capture app

    Martik wrote:

    >http://faq.arstechnica.com/link.php?i=1287
    >
    >The updated VfW to WDM wrapper for Win2K and XP should make capturing with
    >any WDM driver as full featured as with the VfW one, meaning the Hauppauge
    >VfW driver is no longer such a big deal. See the information on how to
    >install it on the VirtualDub site.
    >
    >Google "free video capture"

    Why do you say you=1287?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  13. Re: Re: Video capture app

    Mr User wrote:

    Martik wrote:

    >Thanks for your help.
    >
    >I've decided to use Dscaler which seems to work fine.
    >
    >http://www.virtualdub.org/docs_capture
    >
    >a WDM (Windows Driver Model) driver only; this can be used indirectly by
    >VirtualDub through a Microsoft wrapper, but it is crippled in
    >functionality and it also appears that the wrapper is buggy.

    Are you worried about someone else's help?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  14. Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006