    pat Guest

    can someone tell me how to connect my video camera to my computer so I can
    put the film on dvd disk
    pat, Dec 26, 2003

  2. pat

    Drifter Guest

    >can someone tell me how to connect my video camera to my computer so I can
    >put the film on dvd disk

    Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to be rude to you, but you
    should be aware that you will have quite a bit to learn about the
    whole process if you don't even know what is required to hook the
    video camera up.

    information about video transfer can be found at these locations...

    http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/howto/story/0,24330,3568839,00.html

    http://www.pctechguide.com/24digvid.htm

    Good luck.
    Drifter, Dec 26, 2003

  3. pat

    Mike Fields Guest

    Several directions to go here .. start with the
    rec.video.desktop newsgroup -- lots of good info there.
    You don't say what type of camera it is -- if it is a DV
    format (either Digital 8 (Sony) or mini-dv), you will need
    a firewire card to interface from the camera to the computer.
    Lots of disk space. More disk space. Still more disk space.
    DV is about 13 gigs per hour. Once you get the video into
    the computer, you edit it then compress to Mpeg 2 in the
    DVD format and burn with authoring software to DVD's
    If your camera is analog, you will need a capture card or
    capture box like the Canopus ADVC100 which has gotten
    good reviews from those that have used it - analog in and DV
    out which you can then capture with a cheap firewire card.
    http://www.canopus.us/US/products/ADVC-100/pm_advc-100.asp

    See the site http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ -- do lots of looking
    and reading there LOTS of good info. You have just
    opened "Pandora's box".

    --
    Mike "mikey" Fields
    http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

    Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
    Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

    Mike Fields, Dec 26, 2003