    smaller chunks before using DVD Shrink on it?
    Is there anything out there OSS/Freeware etc that will do this sort of thing for
    you?

    Craig Shore, Jul 10, 2005

  2. Craig Shore wrote:
    > Last weekend I recorded the Live 8 concert. I now have a 10 hour 36.9 GB
    > (39,703,664,640 bytes) mpeg video file.

    What did you use to create the MPEG file? Is it already DVD quality?

    I'd try to keep the original data if at all possible.

    > I'm trying to figure out what would be the best way to back this thing up.

    If you want frame accurate editing, MPEG Video Wizard would be what I'd
    suggest. The interface suffers from a bit much eye candy, but it does a
    good job of editing video accurately, and avoids unnecessary re-encoding.

    Frame accuracy probably won't matter since the Live 8 broadcast was full
    of promotional BS that you can chop up.

    > Things to consider are size, that it doesn't break across media in the middle of
    > an act, and quality.

    Sound quality would be the big one IMO. I'd keep the original sound if
    possible. Re-encoding the video is probably a secondary issue with this
    particular show.

    > I own the divx pro codec, so maybe that's the way to go. Anyone got any
    > thoughts on software to do the breakdown into chunks to fit onto discs (DVD).
    > Otherwise I was thinking something like DVD Shrink to make it a bit smaller and
    > get it onto maybe 5 discs. But what software would I use to make it into
    > smaller chunks before using DVD Shrink on it?
    > Is there anything out there OSS/Freeware etc that will do this sort of thing for
    > you?

    Again MPEG Video Wizard will chop the video. It isn't cheap, but there
    is a 30 day trial that is fully functional.

    TMPGEnc can also chop video up. For MPEG there should be freeware
    splitters available.

    No matter how you do it, wxpect this to be a slow process, and have
    plenty of disk space available.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Jul 10, 2005

  3. Craig Shore

    mctt Guest

    agree that Womble MPEG Video Wizard best for edit mpeg!

    (Don't try the free old version MPEG2VCR, it cause audio sync problem)

    "The Other Guy" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:42cfd014$...

    mctt, Jul 10, 2005
  4. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:24:54 +1200, The Other Guy <>
    wrote:

    >Craig Shore wrote:
    >> Last weekend I recorded the Live 8 concert. I now have a 10 hour 36.9 GB
    >> (39,703,664,640 bytes) mpeg video file.

    >What did you use to create the MPEG file? Is it already DVD quality?

    Video is
    MPEG-2 720 x 576
    25 Frames/Sec with a bitrate of 8000 kbps (Constant)

    Audio is
    MPEG Layer-II Stereo
    Bitrate 256 kbps, Sample rate 48.0 kHz

    So yes it's DVD format. I used a capture card with hardware compression.

    The audio sync is out a little, i'm not sure if that was caused by the card or
    if it was the broadcast. So i'll be looking to correct that too. That should
    be possible without re-encoding.

    I'll give MPEG Video Wizzard a go.

    Thanks.

    Craig Shore, Jul 10, 2005
  5. Craig Shore

    Invisible Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:12:02 +1200, Craig Shore <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:24:54 +1200, The Other Guy <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Craig Shore wrote:
    >>> Last weekend I recorded the Live 8 concert. I now have a 10 hour 36.9 GB
    >>> (39,703,664,640 bytes) mpeg video file.

    >>What did you use to create the MPEG file? Is it already DVD quality?

    >Video is
    >MPEG-2 720 x 576
    >25 Frames/Sec with a bitrate of 8000 kbps (Constant)
    >
    >Audio is
    >MPEG Layer-II Stereo
    >Bitrate 256 kbps, Sample rate 48.0 kHz
    >
    >So yes it's DVD format. I used a capture card with hardware compression.
    >
    >The audio sync is out a little, i'm not sure if that was caused by the card or
    >if it was the broadcast. So i'll be looking to correct that too. That should
    >be possible without re-encoding.
    >
    >I'll give MPEG Video Wizzard a go.

    VideoReDo (not free) can cut/edit Mpeg, and also re-sync. I use it to edit out
    ads, seems to do the job.

    Invisible, Jul 10, 2005