    Is there a pack of codecs that I can install at one time?

    Greatly appreciate your help.
    >=Paul=, Jul 26, 2006

  2. >=Paul=

    Mr BillyB Guest

    ">=Paul=<" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I really have a problem with formats. I dl a avi and I can see it but
    > no sound; or I can hear it and no video. I am at a lost as to what
    > codecs to get from what seems to be a wide selection.
    >
    > Can't I just get a few viewers that will work with most anything and
    > that have the codecs built in?
    >
    > Is there a pack of codecs that I can install at one time?
    >
    > Greatly appreciate your help.

    "Codec packs" can cause more problems than they solve,
    see here for full guides: http://www.videohelp.com/

    For your problem, download the G-spot codec identifier.
    this will identify what/how compression was used on
    any file, and identify what codecs are required etc
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
    Mr BillyB, Jul 26, 2006

  3. >=Paul=

    >=Paul= Guest

    Thank you.

    On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:23:46 +0100,
    "Mr BillyB" <> wrote:

    >">=Paul=<" <> wrote in message
    >>I really have a problem with formats. I dl a avi and I can see it but
    >> no sound; or I can hear it and no video. I am at a lost as to what
    >> codecs to get from what seems to be a wide selection.
    >>
    >> Can't I just get a few viewers that will work with most anything and
    >> that have the codecs built in?
    >>
    >> Is there a pack of codecs that I can install at one time?
    >>
    >> Greatly appreciate your help.

    >"Codec packs" can cause more problems than they solve,
    >see here for full guides: http://www.videohelp.com/
    >
    >For your problem, download the G-spot codec identifier.
    >this will identify what/how compression was used on
    >any file, and identify what codecs are required etc
    >http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
    >

    >=Paul=, Jul 26, 2006
  4. >=Paul=

    RI_Geek Guest

    Try doing a search on K-Lite Mega Codec Pack or klmcodec152.exe. Free
    and has just about every codec you will ever need...

    RI_Geek, Jul 26, 2006