    Just been handed a Pentium 3 and put my old HD in as slave.
    All of my video and audio files play too fast ... and so do DVD's sometimes.

    Please help

    Slime, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Slime

    °Mike° Guest

    Update your audio and video drivers, and update DirectX.

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:27:43 +1100, in
    <3fd79cc0$0$1021$>
    Slime scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Slime

    Slime Guest

    How do I do that?

    Thanks in advance

    Slime, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Slime

    °Mike° Guest

    1. Please include some of the message you are replying to.
    Tools / Options / Send ... check 'Include message in reply'.

    2. Go to the web pages of your sound card and video card
    makers, and download the latest drivers. Open Device
    Manager, double click on the appropriate device, go to the
    'Driver' tab and click 'Update Driver'. Point the wizard to
    the .inf file you downloaded - or double click the driver
    executable.

    3. Go to Microsoft to upgrade DirectX
    http://www.microsoft.com/directx/

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:20:56 +1100, in
    <3fd7b74a$0$1019$>
    Slime scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003
  5. Hi,
    Well to upgrade-update MS-DirectX you have to go on the net at the:
    www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.asp download the file and follow
    the instruction on screen, after you have to reboot the system its normal.
    For the audio and video card, well usually all the vendors have they own web
    page where you can download and update-upgrade the drivers, just check what
    kind of video and audio hardware you have , if you have some manual or
    something like so enclosed log on the web and do what I already describe
    you before, GOOD LUCK

    Marco

    Marco &Tracey Lynn Poffa, Dec 11, 2003