    ZoneAlarm tells me that VIDCAP32.EXE is trying to access the internet.

    Do I have a virus or Trojan Horse here?

    Any help from experts, hackers, and geeks is welcome.

    Anastasio A Rossi, Dec 3, 2003

  2. Anastasio A Rossi

    IC Guest

    Anastasio A Rossi wrote:
    > Lately, when I turn on my computer,
    > ZoneAlarm tells me that VIDCAP32.EXE is trying to access the internet.
    >
    > Do I have a virus or Trojan Horse here?
    >
    > Any help from experts, hackers, and geeks is welcome.

    That file is listed as a video driver:
    http://www.video-drivers.com/drivers/38/38125.htm

    IC, Dec 3, 2003

  3. Anastasio A Rossi

    bb3 Guest

    "Anastasio A Rossi" <> wrote in message
    > Lately, when I turn on my computer,
    > ZoneAlarm tells me that VIDCAP32.EXE is trying to access the internet.
    >
    > Do I have a virus or Trojan Horse here?
    >
    > Any help from experts, hackers, and geeks is welcome.

    Have you gotten a new digital camera lately?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;120750

    It appears to be a video capture program. Since it looks to be from MS,
    it could be trying to update itself.

    bb3, Dec 3, 2003
  4. Anastasio A Rossi

    (o)_(o) Guest

    Symantec Security Response - Backdoor.Hacarmy
    Backdoor.Hacarmy is a Backdoor Trojan Horse that gives its creator
    access and complete control over a compromised system. Note:
    Definitions dated prior to ...
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    backdoor.hacarmy.html - 29.5KB - United States

    (o)_(o), Dec 8, 2003