    or do I have to load them separately again?

    Thanks

    DonW

    Donald Wilkinson, May 17, 2005

  2. Donald Wilkinson <> wrote:
    > I have been trying the Evaluation copy ( build 1433) to get it to run
    > on the SATA drive on my ASUS A8V I had to load the SATA drivers during
    > installation.
    >
    > Now that I've ordered the Final Release will it recognize my VIA SATA
    > chip or do I have to load them separately again?
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > DonW

    Hi,

    It has been written 50 times the last two weeks. But of course, it's easier
    to ask.... why don't you read the questions on this ng before asking ?

    You'll have to use F6, it has nothing to do with recognizing or not, if you
    don't use the raid, you'll have to inject the drivers in the system. Don't
    forget to disable the promises drivers in the bios.

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 17, 2005

  3. Donald Wilkinson

    Rick Guest

    You need to download the final release, version 4.30c, from
    www.viaarena.com and make a boot floppy. VIA SATA does not even default
    to a PATA PIO configuration with RTM.

    Rick, May 17, 2005
  4. Donald Wilkinson

    DKI Guest

    You have to load them seperatly again and make sure you have the newest via
    drivers whql for the your sata chipset

    DKI, May 17, 2005