  1. Roy East

    Roy East Guest

    How do I put VHS taped stuff onto DVD? - Please.

    Roy East, Aug 17, 2006

  2. Roy East

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "Roy East" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How do I put VHS taped stuff onto DVD? - Please.

    Well you need some kind of DVD recorder. They will have inputs, often RCA
    jacks, and the instructions will tell you how to hook up a VCR to the input
    on the DVD recorder.
    One thing to watch out for if you decide to buy a DVD recorder. The
    manufacturers of these things, proved they learned nothing from the VHS /
    Beta fiasco of the 70's. They again made machines that use different
    formats. Find one that works with multiple formats. DVDRW, DVDRW+, DVRRW-
    and such. If not you may find you have a machine you have trouble finding
    blank media for. I made this mistake when I bought one of these for the
    wife. I thought surely they would not do the same ignorant thing they did
    when the VCR came out, so I just went to the store and grabbed one. Then
    found that the one I picked out, you could not find blank media for. Even
    the store I bought it from (Target) did not sell the blank media for it.
    Back it went for one that worked with everything. I then noticed the next
    trip to Wally World that they had enough sense to have a HUGE sign telling
    you the difference. They also showed they have some business sense. Their
    cheapest machine was one that worked with multiple formats.
    Moderation is for monks."

    [Lazarus Long]

    Alex Clayton, Aug 17, 2006

  3. Roy East

    Chet39 Guest

    If you want to do editing or organization and not just copying, you can use
    your computer. You need a video capture device, you need a video editing
    program and you need a DVD burner. I personally use the Dazzle DVC 90 video
    capture and the Pinnacle Studio software.

    Chet39, Aug 17, 2006