    Anyone know of a freeware program that will allow me to copy my of VHS video
    fims from my video player on to DVD ..
    Thanks...
    The One, Feb 5, 2007

  2. The One

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:59:20 GMT, The One <> wrote:

    >Anyone know of a freeware program that will allow me to copy my of VHS video
    >fims from my video player on to DVD ..

    yes
    AZ Nomad, Feb 5, 2007

  3. The One

    Neck & Red Guest

    "The One" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know of a freeware program that will allow me to copy my of VHS
    > video
    > fims from my video player on to DVD ..
    > Thanks...

    There are many..and they are free...with the purchase of your DVD burner
    which you'll need to buy anyway.
    Neck & Red, Feb 5, 2007

    or http://www.videohelp.com/
    Colin McFadyen, Feb 5, 2007
  5. "The One" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know of a freeware program that will allow me to copy my of VHS
    > video
    > fims from my video player on to DVD ..
    > Thanks...

    This is the single most asked question in this group - do a search back
    through the archives here

    For home made vhs, you can copy direct to dvd recorder (freestanding unit,
    works like vcr)

    For commercial vhs, you need a 'macrovision remover' in order to copy to dvd
    recorder

    If you choose to use a dvd burner ( in the computer) then you need a capture
    card
    caputre card bypasses macrovision
    There are many to choose from, and many technical issues
    websites videohelp, digitalfaq, etc present all that

    Stuart
    Stuart Miller, Feb 5, 2007