    from 1983 WILL NOT transfer to dvd with these units. I know "Does not
    record copyrighted VHS movies to DVD" sounds pretty cut and dry but I
    am hoping that these older videos will be savable. Please advise.

    Cav, Oct 9, 2004

  2. Cav

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Cav wrote:

    > I am considering purchasing a DVD recorder/VCR combo. I have some vhs
    > concert videos that are fading fast, out of print and not available on
    > dvd. They are from 1983 and the box says copyrighted. I have looked
    > at sever DVD recorder/VCR combo's and they are say "Does not record
    > copyrighted VHS movies to DVD". Does this mean a copyrighted video
    > from 1983 WILL NOT transfer to dvd with these units. I know "Does not
    > record copyrighted VHS movies to DVD" sounds pretty cut and dry but I
    > am hoping that these older videos will be savable. Please advise.

    take one to a store along with a blank dvd and try it. If it works then
    buy.

    IMHO

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Oct 9, 2004

  3. Cav

    Biz Guest

    "Cav" <> wrote in message
    > I am considering purchasing a DVD recorder/VCR combo. I have some vhs
    > concert videos that are fading fast, out of print and not available on
    > dvd. They are from 1983 and the box says copyrighted. I have looked
    > at sever DVD recorder/VCR combo's and they are say "Does not record
    > copyrighted VHS movies to DVD". Does this mean a copyrighted video
    > from 1983 WILL NOT transfer to dvd with these units. I know "Does not
    > record copyrighted VHS movies to DVD" sounds pretty cut and dry but I
    > am hoping that these older videos will be savable. Please advise.

    If they are copyrighted, AND have macrovision protection, you will not be
    able to use a combo unit to make copies. YOu will need seperates and a
    macrovision remover connected between them.

    Biz, Oct 9, 2004
  4. Cav

    Lars Guest

    Visit http://www.sonel.com for this.

    Some titles on VHS contain Macrovision.

    Maybee someone in your area can borrow such
    a device to you also.

    Lars, Oct 13, 2004
  5. There might be Macrovision on the titles, but it could also be just a "do
    not violate the copyrights" warning. It could'nt hurt to waste one dvd
    blank to find out if it's protected with Macrovision or not.

    Bernie Woodham, Oct 20, 2004
  6. Cav

    Guest

    Bernie Woodham wrote:

    > There might be Macrovision on the titles, but it could also be just a "do
    > not violate the copyrights" warning. It could'nt hurt to waste one dvd
    > blank to find out if it's protected with Macrovision or not.

    It probably will not even waste a disc. My recorder pops up a "Copy
    Inh" message as soon as I press record.

    , Oct 20, 2004
  7. Cav

    Guest

    Bernie Woodham wrote:
    > There might be Macrovision on the titles, but it could also be just a

    "do
    > not violate the copyrights" warning. It could'nt hurt to waste one

    dvd
    > blank to find out if it's protected with Macrovision or not.

    It might even be wiser to use the same blank dvd to find out how many

    Macrovision-protected vhs tapes you own.

    , Feb 17, 2005