    witout a lot of hassels.

    Thanks for the time.

    Dan (Still going in circles)

    skip, Sep 30, 2004

  2. skip wrote:

    > Hi, I am looking for a program that will allow me to copy my VHS tapes
    > to my DVD. We have a lot of family tapes we want to put on the DVD
    > witout a lot of hassels.

    It's called a home recorder - push Play on your vcr, Record
    on the recorder, Stop on both when done and finalize the disc.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Sep 30, 2004

  3. skip

    Merlin Guest

    skip wrote:

    > Hi, I am looking for a program that will allow me to copy my VHS tapes
    > to my DVD. We have a lot of family tapes we want to put on the DVD
    > witout a lot of hassels.
    >
    > Thanks for the time.
    >
    > Dan (Still going in circles)

    Assuming you want to tranfer these tapes to you computer and then burn
    to dvd with your dvd burner you will need a means of connecting your vcr
    to the computer and a capture program to handle the capture. If you do
    not already have a video capture card or a an external device then I
    would recommend DVD Express. I got mine at Walmart for about $78US and
    have had great results with it. Plus it comes with Ulead's Video Studio
    and DVD Movie Factory software. You can also record tv shows to your
    computer wih it by using your vcr's tuner. And if you have a camcorder
    you can xfer home movies.

    Here's a link for more imformation about DVD Epress

    http://www.adstech.com/products/USBAV_701/intro/usb701intro.asp?pid=USBAV701

    Merlin, Sep 30, 2004
  4. skip

    tsgoh Guest

    Hi Merlin,
    Can copyright VHS tapes be copied using
    this way to do it?

    Best Regards

    tsgoh, Sep 30, 2004
  5. skip

    Merlin Guest

    tsgoh wrote:

    > Hi Merlin,
    > Can copyright VHS tapes be copied using
    > this way to do it?
    >
    > Best Regards

    I've only copied a few of vhs tapes with it. They were all copyrighted,
    whether or not they were copy protected in some way I'm not sure.

    Merlin, Oct 1, 2004