    transfer one hour of video). I am currently using a dvd recorder and a vcr
    to transfer then uploading to my pc for editing. I heard that is can be
    done faster but I didn't see how that was possible. thanks for any help.
    MauiJNP, Jan 22, 2005

  2. MauiJNP

    Biz Guest

    Analog cannot be transferred/captured faster than real-time.

    You heard wrong...

    "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    > is there a way to transfer vhs videotapes onto your computer for editing

    and

    Biz, Jan 22, 2005

  3. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    > Analog cannot be transferred/captured faster than real-time.
    >
    > You heard wrong...

    got it, thanks.

    MauiJNP, Jan 22, 2005
  4. "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > Analog cannot be transferred/captured faster than real-time.
    >
    > You heard wrong...
    >

    > "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    >> is there a way to transfer vhs videotapes onto your computer for editing

    > and
    >> burning to dvd without it being in real time (for example, one hour to
    >> transfer one hour of video). I am currently using a dvd recorder and a

    > vcr
    >> to transfer then uploading to my pc for editing. I heard that is can be
    >> done faster but I didn't see how that was possible. thanks for any help.

    I have an old HiFi system which does "high speed dubbing" of audio
    cassettes. One cassette can be copied to another in a quarter of the time -
    the quality (from what I remember) was OK. Can vhs be much different?
    Stephen Clark, Jan 22, 2005
  5. MauiJNP

    Jeff Guest

    "Stephen Clark" <> wrote in

    > "Biz" <> wrote in message
    >> Analog cannot be transferred/captured faster than real-time.
    >>
    >> You heard wrong...
    >>

    >> "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message
    >>> is there a way to transfer vhs videotapes onto your computer for
    >>> editing

    >> and
    >>> burning to dvd without it being in real time (for example, one hour
    >>> to transfer one hour of video). I am currently using a dvd recorder
    >>> and a

    >> vcr
    >>> to transfer then uploading to my pc for editing. I heard that is
    >>> can be done faster but I didn't see how that was possible. thanks
    >>> for any help.
    >>>

    > I have an old HiFi system which does "high speed dubbing" of audio
    > cassettes. One cassette can be copied to another in a quarter of the
    > time - the quality (from what I remember) was OK. Can vhs be much
    > different?

    VHS is very different. Audio tape uses a linear (straight line) track
    and a fixed head so when it is read faster, the track is traveling in the
    same straight line faster. VHS uses a helical scan track, with a moving
    head that records in angled stripes across the width of the tape.
    Driving the tape at a speed other than what it was recorded the head will
    cover a different angle across the tape and will not read it.
    Jeff, Jan 22, 2005
  6. On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:46:15 -0500, "MauiJNP" <> wrote:

    >is there a way to transfer vhs videotapes onto your computer for editing and
    >burning to dvd without it being in real time (for example, one hour to
    >transfer one hour of video). I am currently using a dvd recorder and a vcr
    >to transfer then uploading to my pc for editing. I heard that is can be
    >done faster but I didn't see how that was possible. thanks for any help.

    You can't control the 'play' input, so there is no way to do it in
    anything but real time

    E. Barry Bruyea, Jan 22, 2005