VHS -> DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by ¢_£¥ºÑ, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. ¢_£¥ºÑ

    ¢_£¥ºÑ Guest

    Seeking the wise wisdom of a select few. . .

    I've a bit of a problem, I have an old VHS tape that I copied to my HDD and
    would like to burn it to my DVD writer.

    I plugged the Video RCA output, of my Stereo Video Recorder, into MYVIVO of
    my Ti4200 GFX Card and have run the sound output, from the VCR, into the
    line-in of my computer.

    I've used WinFast PVR to capture the video to the HDD as *.mpeg format. All
    looks and play really well. Now I want to burn the file off, into DVD
    format.

    I don't want to burn them into VCR format, as I've just bought me a DVD
    Writer. Before you ask, it can do +R, -R, +RW and -RW, but would prefer to
    burn them onto -R media disc's, so the rest of my family can watch it on
    their standard DVD players.

    The Video I've copied to my HDD contains footage of some members of my
    family who have passed away and would like the rest of my family to see it.

    Now, the problem is getting the *.mpeg's converted over to *.vob format.
    What do people recommend, that I should use to do this ?

    I've tried Ulead Video Studio 6 and it said something like 'Failed to
    encode. . .' I have also tried Nero Vision, Nero Express, all to no avail.

    Help, please ???

    ¢_£¥ºÑ, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Nicholas Andrade, Jun 24, 2003