    at ?

    Thanks,
    Bobb
    - Bobb -, Jun 8, 2006

  2. - Bobb -

    Guest

    - Bobb - wrote:
    > I looked in stores and see that you can copy VHS<=> DVD , but it looks
    > like you : hit a button and it copies all 4 hours of tape/dvd. I have a
    > lot of home movies on VHS that I'd to get onto DVD, but a lot of the
    > tapes have 15-20 minutes that I'd want - not 4 hours. I'm looking for
    > device that would allow me to record/pause/record to/from VHS or DVD -

    I have never seen one that does not let you decide what to record. Most
    of them are just like a VCR with respect to how you record. Maybe some
    of the combo units that have a built in VHS player are the way you say,
    but I don't see why they would make them that way. Mine is a Philips
    DVDR72, but there are much cheaper models around that also do what you
    want.

    Dave
    , Jun 9, 2006

  3. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >- Bobb - wrote:
    >> I looked in stores and see that you can copy VHS<=> DVD , but it
    >> looks
    >> like you : hit a button and it copies all 4 hours of tape/dvd. I have
    >> lot of home movies on VHS that I'd to get onto DVD, but a lot of the
    >> tapes have 15-20 minutes that I'd want - not 4 hours. I'm looking for
    >> device that would allow me to record/pause/record to/from VHS or
    >> DVD -

    > I have never seen one that does not let you decide what to record.
    > Most
    > of them are just like a VCR with respect to how you record. Maybe some
    > of the combo units that have a built in VHS player are the way you
    > say,
    > but I don't see why they would make them that way. Mine is a Philips
    > DVDR72, but there are much cheaper models around that also do what you
    > want.
    >
    > Dave

    Excellent , thanks.
    BTW, I am 'guessing' that they work as I describe since most have a
    button on the front ( Panasonic, sony, Samsung) with an arrow like VHS
    < COPY > DVD . I figured that you hit one or the other. I've asked the
    clerks at Circuit City and Best Buy and they didn't know. (They're
    really into $3000 TV's though). So I assumed that you hit the button
    and it made a copy.

    Bobb
    - Bobb -, Jun 10, 2006