    (preferably West) Los Angeles to transfer an irreplaceable old VHS
    tape to DVD keeping the music's dynamic range.
    , Apr 11, 2007

  2. Impmon Guest

    On 10 Apr 2007 17:58:58 -0700, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Any recommendations from first-hand experience? I need a place in
    >(preferably West) Los Angeles to transfer an irreplaceable old VHS
    >tape to DVD keeping the music's dynamic range.

    www.videohelp.com has many guides and such for VHS to DVD transfer.
    The easiest way to get VHS to DVD is to get a DVD recorder and hook
    the VCR to it and do a direct VCR to DVD transfer. Not cheap but
    easiest. Videohelp.com also has guide on player selections and user
    rating so you could browse through them to find one that suits your
    need, your price range, and is still available.

    Or you could check the forum there for other ideas.
    Impmon, Apr 11, 2007

  3. GMAN Guest

    In article <>, Impmon <> wrote:
    >On 10 Apr 2007 17:58:58 -0700, ""
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Any recommendations from first-hand experience? I need a place in
    >>(preferably West) Los Angeles to transfer an irreplaceable old VHS
    >>tape to DVD keeping the music's dynamic range.

    >www.videohelp.com has many guides and such for VHS to DVD transfer.
    >The easiest way to get VHS to DVD is to get a DVD recorder and hook
    >the VCR to it and do a direct VCR to DVD transfer. Not cheap but
    >easiest. Videohelp.com also has guide on player selections and user
    >rating so you could browse through them to find one that suits your
    >need, your price range, and is still available.
    >
    >Or you could check the forum there for other ideas.

    How can you call $79 for an entry level DVD Recorder from walmart , not cheap?

    PS: i agree, the OP should buy a recorder and roll his own.
    GMAN, Apr 12, 2007
  4. Impmon Guest

    On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:14:25 GMT,
    (GMAN) wrote:

    >How can you call $79 for an entry level DVD Recorder from walmart , not cheap?

    Anything from Walmart is cheaply built. Doesn't matter how big the
    price tag is, it's made of only about $10 worth of plastic and metal,
    assembled and never tested by chinese who get paid pennies per hour.
    Impmon, Apr 13, 2007