    I ve been trying to get details about Intel 4004!Can someone tell me if I could get the VHDL code for intel 4004.
    Thanks
    Asapanya
    asapanya, Mar 8, 2006

  2. asapanya

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    bigal, Mar 8, 2006

  3. asapanya

    asapanya

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Hi
    I tried visiting that website
    ( http://www.obelisk.demon.co.uk/vhdl/index.html ).
    It has code for 4001,4002,4003,4008 and 4009 (all these are shift reg,I/O devices used with 4004) but not for 4004!
    I tried all online sources but I cudnt get VHDL code for 4004!plz help!
    Thanks
    Asapanya
    asapanya, Mar 8, 2006
  4. asapanya

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Maybe it's going to be harder than I thought. First of all, make sure you understand the history of the 4004 by reading this page: http://www.intel4004.com/

    Now, this site has the VHDL model for the AMD 2901 4-bit slice processor that you can download and look at: http://www.eda.org/rassp/vhdl/models/processor.html

    I suggest you keep looking at other VHDL sources with Google. I tried www.intel.com, but got nothing related to what you want. Since Intel tried to screw the guy that invented the 4004, it doesn't surprise me.
    bigal, Mar 8, 2006
  5. asapanya

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    bigal, Mar 31, 2006
  6. asapanya

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I don't think he comes here very often anymore :p
    XhArD, Mar 31, 2006
  7. asapanya

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    me nether, PM him/Email him to get to this thread :)
    unholy, Apr 2, 2006
  8. asapanya

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Be my guest. I'm busy running a LAN party right now.
    bigal, Apr 2, 2006
  9. asapanya

    asapanya

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Hey Guys
    Thanks a lot...That PDF was really helpful!
    Asapanya

    ( Sorry for late reply happened to check it only today)
    asapanya, Apr 4, 2006
  10. asapanya

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Good. Glad it worked out.
    bigal, Apr 5, 2006
  11. asapanya

    it_ahmedzaki

    Joined:
    May 7, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    i can not download it
    it_ahmedzaki, May 7, 2007
  12. asapanya

    Waleed

    Joined:
    May 7, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Egypt.

    Same here, page cannot be displayed.
    So, plz does anyone know any other active link?

    Thanks in advance.
    Waleed, May 7, 2007
  13. asapanya

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I suggest you guys go to this link: http://www.handcoded.com/Contact.aspx ,
    and submit a request for the code, mentioning that "Andrew" had posted it a year ago. That's about all I can think of to help you at this point.

    What's up with the sudden interest in the code? :bored:

    Update: This link provides a wealth of information regarding VHDL, and perhaps one of the links in this reference will help you guys: http://tams-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/vhdl/doc/faq/FAQ1.html#0.2

    It's written in English.
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
    bigal, May 7, 2007