    PAL/VGA .... but is there a plug I can use to adapt the monitor output for
    NTSC/PAL. i.e. monitor plug on the front of the plug, rca socket on its
    rear, so to speak ....???

    Bb, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Bb

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:31:57 +1200, "Bb" <> wrote:

    >My bios lets me use the second monitor output on my system as selectable
    >PAL/VGA .... but is there a plug I can use to adapt the monitor output for
    >NTSC/PAL. i.e. monitor plug on the front of the plug, rca socket on its
    >rear, so to speak ....???

    It takes a bit more than that, it's not just a matter of converting the wires,
    you have to convert the signal.

    Given you have those settings are you sure there isn't another output off your
    video card for TV? Usually it's an S-Video socket and you get supplied with an
    adpator to go from S-Video to Composite.

    Craig Shore, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Bb

    Richard Guest

    Bb wrote:

    > My bios lets me use the second monitor output on my system as selectable
    > PAL/VGA .... but is there a plug I can use to adapt the monitor output for
    > NTSC/PAL. i.e. monitor plug on the front of the plug, rca socket on its
    > rear, so to speak ....???

    If this is an onboard VGA, then usually you need to get an AGP TV encoder card.
    When I looked at it, they cost the same as a cheap AGP VGA card with TV out so
    no point really

    Richard, Sep 14, 2004
  4. Bb

    Bb Guest

    wrote:

    > >My bios lets me use the second monitor output on my system as selectable
    > >PAL/VGA .... but is there a plug I can use to adapt the monitor output

    for
    > >NTSC/PAL. i.e. monitor plug on the front of the plug, rca socket on its
    > >rear, so to speak ....???

    > It takes a bit more than that, it's not just a matter of converting the

    wires,
    > you have to convert the signal.
    >
    > Given you have those settings are you sure there isn't another output off

    your
    > video card for TV? Usually it's an S-Video socket and you get supplied

    with an
    > adpator to go from S-Video to Composite.

    I like the sound of that ....... will check again later today. Cheers
    Craig !

    Bb, Sep 14, 2004