    one more thing if there are any current or former VFP
    developers who have made the jump into MCAD or MCSD it
    would be great to talk to you to get some advice.

    Darrell, Apr 8, 2005

  2. Darrell

    Joseph MCAD Guest

    April 7, 2005

    The best way is to get a Microsoft Press book and dive in! Microsoft
    Press books are the best, because you are getting the information right from
    the source. There is a Microsoft Press Training Kit specifically made for
    each exam. You can find exam objectives and use them to help guide you
    through books and as a check off list at

    microsoft.com/learning/exams/EXAMNUMBER.asp

    Switch examnumber with a exam in the format of 70-NNN.asp

    The training kits also come with practice tests. If you decide to buy a
    practice test that is non-Microsoft, then be very careful as many commonly
    known tests are brain dumps and are illegal. I would stick to the
    recommended ones like MeasureUP and Self Test Software. I wish you the best
    of luck!

    Joseph MCAD

    Joseph MCAD, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Hi Darrell,

    I'd get some books and dive in. Your knowledge of Visual FoxPro will help as
    you learn .NET because you've already got a handle on what OO is really all
    about.

    One book to get is ".NET for VFP Developers" from www.hentzenwerke.com.

    --
    Cindy Winegarden MCSD, Microsoft Visual Foxpro MVP
    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Apr 9, 2005
  4. Darrell

    Darrell Guest

    Hi Cindy,

    Thanks for the reply. I already have ".NET for VFP
    Developers" which is a good overview of .NET. Since my
    current employer only does VFP I have tried to write some
    small .NET apps for home use to get some experience
    with .NET.

    Darrell

    Darrell, Apr 11, 2005