Very wierd network problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by redbull, Jan 30, 2005.

  1. redbull

    redbull Guest

    Hello,

    I am having a very wierd network problem, and I hope that someone here
    could be of assistance to me. Here's the dilemma:

    1) I have a reselling web hosting account where I have a WHM control
    panel and I can signup clients, using the space and bandwidth that I am
    provided.

    2) I was transferring files through FTP the other day to one of the
    sites that I host, when suddenly it stopped working, and the file
    transfer didn't complete

    3) No other websites that I hosted would work, not through a browser,
    FTP, POP3 email through Outlook, or not even using the IP address that
    I can use to go into cPanel

    4) First I assumed it was the host, but I found out it wasn't them, and
    it worked on other ends

    5) I figured out that if I use a free public proxy server, I can access
    my website and email through webmail

    6) Next I assumed that it is Comcast, so I give them a call. They have
    me hook my cable modem directly up into my computer (not through my
    router) and it worked fine, so they tell me to call Linksys (the
    manufacter of my router)

    7) Let me explain my network configuration now. I have a wired router,
    which the cable modem is hooked up to. I then have a computer hooked
    directly into the router, a VOIP phone, a TiVo, and a switch. Connected
    to the switch (which goes upstairs) I have 3 other computers hooked up
    to. None of the 4 networked computer can access any of the sites
    without a proxy server

    8) I call Linksys, and they have me change some settings in the router
    configuration page, and update some firmware, but still nothing. They
    aslo had me restarting the router, cable modem, and computer. Nothing
    worked.

    Does anybody have any ideas? This is becoming very serious, and I need
    it fixed ASAP. Thanks.

    redbull, Jan 30, 2005

  2. redbull

    redbull Guest

    Anyone? Please. At least tell me how to setup a FTP program to use a
    proxy. Where's Thor?????????

    redbull, Feb 1, 2005

  3. redbull

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "redbull" <> wrote in news:1107232400.599729.235140
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > Anyone? Please. At least tell me how to setup a FTP program to use a
    > proxy. Where's Thor?????????

    You may want to try some of the security NG(s) for your answer. As it
    stands now, this NG is shot for any useful information.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 1, 2005
  4. redbull

    Duane Arnold Guest

    One other thing, you know I have to extend the thread to see you or go to
    K-Node on Linux. You can tell that jackass other *clown* that he/she/or it
    can sit there whining like a little *bitch* until the cows come home.
    He/she/or it will never get a response out of me on a reply post directly
    to it. I'll make that *clown* suffer with silence and un-read posts. ;-)
    Actually, the *clown* has been <plonked> and <ignored>.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 1, 2005
  5. redbull

    Duane Arnold Guest

    The K-Clown is a worthless piece of shit. How the *bitch* got into the
    mental state that's she is now in is sad.

    No one wants to see this fool *bitch* post about nothing. Look at the NG(s)
    except for *Kooks* that this silly *bitch* is messing-up with her insanity.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 1, 2005
  6. redbull

    Ayako Hara Guest

    Duane Arnold, <>, wrote:

    > No one wants to see this fool *bitch* post

    Then don't post.

    Ayako Hara, Feb 1, 2005
  7. redbull

    Linønut Guest