    --
    Mr Scebe
    ~Sean Connery in "The Rock"

    Mr Scebe, Nov 7, 2004

  2. On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:09:13 +1300, Mr Scebe wrote:

    > Just got the upgrade to the 2MB ADSL connection and i have to say it's
    > everything i wanted, and more.

    Yeah but what about the price ??? ;)
    Is it gonna suck when the 64 Kbit speed kicks in? (answer: yes)

    wogers nemesis, Nov 7, 2004

  3. Mr Scebe

    cowboyz Guest

    "wogers nemesis" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:09:13 +1300, Mr Scebe wrote:
    >
    > > Just got the upgrade to the 2MB ADSL connection and i have to say it's
    > > everything i wanted, and more.

    > Yeah but what about the price ??? ;)
    > Is it gonna suck when the 64 Kbit speed kicks in? (answer: yes)

    some, if not most people won't ever get to 10gig to get dropped that far. I
    borrowed my dads internet connection to download 5 iso cds that I wanted and
    left a P2P program running on his machine and he went away so it was running
    for 7 days 24/7 and he only got to 8Gig.

    cowboyz, Nov 7, 2004
  4. Mr Scebe

    Chris Hope Guest

    cowboyz wrote:

    > "wogers nemesis" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:09:13 +1300, Mr Scebe wrote:
    >>
    >> > Just got the upgrade to the 2MB ADSL connection and i have to say it's
    >> > everything i wanted, and more.

    >> Yeah but what about the price ??? ;)
    >> Is it gonna suck when the 64 Kbit speed kicks in? (answer: yes)

    > some, if not most people won't ever get to 10gig to get dropped that far.
    > I borrowed my dads internet connection to download 5 iso cds that I wanted
    > and left a P2P program running on his machine and he went away so it was
    > running for 7 days 24/7 and he only got to 8Gig.

    There's 30/31 days in a month - take away the ISOs and you did about 4.5GB
    in that 7 days which works out to about 20GB for a month. Pretty easy to go
    over the 10GB if you use p2p.

    Chris Hope, Nov 7, 2004
  5. Mr Scebe

    cowboyz Guest

    "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >

    > > "wogers nemesis" <> wrote in message

    it's

    > >> Yeah but what about the price ??? ;)
    > >> Is it gonna suck when the 64 Kbit speed kicks in? (answer: yes)

    > > some, if not most people won't ever get to 10gig to get dropped that

    far.
    > > I borrowed my dads internet connection to download 5 iso cds that I

    wanted
    > > and left a P2P program running on his machine and he went away so it was
    > > running for 7 days 24/7 and he only got to 8Gig.

    > There's 30/31 days in a month - take away the ISOs and you did about 4.5GB
    > in that 7 days which works out to about 20GB for a month. Pretty easy to

    go
    > over the 10GB if you use p2p.
    >
    > --
    > Chris Hope - The Electric Toolbox - http://www.electrictoolbox.com/

    Assuming of course that you leave your PC on 24/7 and the P2P program loaded
    24/7.

    cowboyz, Nov 7, 2004
  6. Mr Scebe wrote:
    > Just got the upgrade to the 2MB ADSL connection and i have to say it's
    > everything i wanted, and more.

    Who's your ISP ?

    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Nov 7, 2004
  7. Mr Scebe

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:09:13 +1300, Mr Scebe wrote:

    > Just got the upgrade to the 2MB ADSL connection and i have to say it's
    > everything i wanted, and more.

    We are happy for you.

    Let us hope that the novelity of it takes along time to wear off. ;-)

    Gordon, Nov 8, 2004
  8. Mr Scebe

    steve Guest

    steve, Nov 8, 2004
  9. Mr Scebe

    steve Guest

    wogers nemesis wrote:

    > On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:09:13 +1300, Mr Scebe wrote:
    >
    >> Just got the upgrade to the 2MB ADSL connection and i have to say it's
    >> everything i wanted, and more.

    > Yeah but what about the price ??? ;)
    > Is it gonna suck when the 64 Kbit speed kicks in? (answer: yes)

    I doubt I'll ever reach 10GB......

    I would have to download 15 CD ISOs in a month to do that....and I would
    barely down 3-4 in a given month...and the rest of our (4 of us) mail and
    web traffic doesn't come close to the remainder.

    --
    Distributed Computing Projects:
    SETI at Home

    steve, Nov 8, 2004
  10. Mr Scebe

    macca Guest

    On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:44:14 +1300, steve
    <> wrote:
    > wogers nemesis wrote:
    >
    > > On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:09:13 +1300, Mr Scebe wrote:
    > >
    > >> Just got the upgrade to the 2MB ADSL connection and i

    have to say it's
    > >> everything i wanted, and more.

    > > Yeah but what about the price ??? ;)
    > > Is it gonna suck when the 64 Kbit speed kicks in?

    (answer: yes)

    > I doubt I'll ever reach 10GB......
    >
    > I would have to download 15 CD ISOs in a month to do

    that....and I would
    > barely down 3-4 in a given month...and the rest of our (4

    of us) mail and
    > web traffic doesn't come close to the remainder.
    >
    > --
    > Distributed Computing Projects:
    > SETI at Home
    > http://boinc.mundayweb.com/seti2/stats.php?userID=1248
    > ClimatePrediction.net
    > http://boinc.mundayweb.com/cpdn/stats.php?userID=334

    Data caps are much like hard disk space..you never seem to
    have enough..
    Macca

    macca, Nov 8, 2004
  11. Mr Scebe

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:09:13 +1300, Mr Scebe wrote:
    >
    >> Just got the upgrade to the 2MB ADSL connection and i have to say
    >> it's everything i wanted, and more.

    > We are happy for you.
    >
    > Let us hope that the novelity of it takes along time to wear off. ;-)

    I see that Telecom are upgrading their own customers *very* quickly and
    seemingly with no hassles. Shame the same can't be said about their
    wholesale customer's clients.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Nov 8, 2004
  12. It seems like Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:37:17 GMT was when macca
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >Data caps are much like hard disk space..you never seem to
    >have enough..

    Quote of the day I believe:)
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Nov 8, 2004
  13. wogers nemesis <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:09:13 +1300, Mr Scebe wrote:
    >
    > > Just got the upgrade to the 2MB ADSL connection and i have to say it's
    > > everything i wanted, and more.

    > Yeah but what about the price ??? ;)
    > Is it gonna suck when the 64 Kbit speed kicks in? (answer: yes)

    I downloaded two gb in 4 days. no illegal stuffdownload,
    Just some game playing, few HDTV vid clibs, watched some trailiers.
    I need 20gigs :(

    KeriBOI

    Ron and Sue Hawker, Nov 12, 2004
  14. ~misfit~ <> wrote:

    > Gordon wrote:
    > > On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:09:13 +1300, Mr Scebe wrote:
    > >
    > >> Just got the upgrade to the 2MB ADSL connection and i have to say
    > >> it's everything i wanted, and more.

    > > We are happy for you.
    > >
    > > Let us hope that the novelity of it takes along time to wear off. ;-)

    > I see that Telecom are upgrading their own customers *very* quickly and
    > seemingly with no hassles. Shame the same can't be said about their
    > wholesale customer's clients.
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    being on xtra I was changed over on the day I was suppose too

    Dane

    Ron and Sue Hawker, Nov 12, 2004
  15. Mr Scebe

    Mr Scebe Guest

    "Ron and Sue Hawker" <> wrote in message

    > being on xtra I was changed over on the day I was suppose too

    That was my experience as well. Now i just have to curb my instincts to surf
    to the other side of the world to watch the News ;)

    --
    Mr Scebe
    ~Sean Connery in "The Rock"

    Mr Scebe, Nov 13, 2004