    Nikon fan base, pretty soon prices on older lenses (other brands,
    CCTV, etc) will rise because Nikon buyers will be adapting them like
    Olympus and Panasonic owners have, but in much greater numbers.

    RichA, Jul 9, 2010

  2. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 13:51:47 -0700 (PDT), RichA <> wrote:
    : Supposedly, it's ready, along with a half-dozen lenses. ...

    My God, how exciting!! And just in time too! It gives us something to occupy
    our attention, now that we can no longer speculate about where James Le Bron
    is going to play basketball next year.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jul 10, 2010

  3. RichA

    Twibil Guest

    Re: Very soon, we'll know. (Nikon's new mirror-less system)

    On Jul 10, 6:17 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    > >> My God, how exciting!! And just in time too! It gives us something to
    > >> occupy our attention, now that we can no longer speculate about where
    > >> James Le Bron is going to play basketball next year.

    > > They haven't made the device that can measure how little I care about that
    > > basketball team change.

    > Basketball? Do you mean with a name like that he isnt a porn star?

    Well, if the basketball thing doesn't work out he *is* 6'8" when erect.

    Twibil, Jul 11, 2010
  4. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:33:58 -0500, Rich <> wrote:

    >>> They haven't made the device that can measure how little I care about
    >>> that basketball team change.

    >> Basketball? Do you mean with a name like that he isnt a porn star?
    >>

    >No, just that his parents were illiterate, or he was. There have even
    >been cases where parents have named their kids after diseases and been
    >too stupid to realize it. I even like the ones who name their kids using
    >ancient Roman names, like Octavian. It's hilarious.

    To suggest that a person's first name could be a result that person's
    illiteracy is about as dumb a statement as can be imagined. You think
    LeBron James picked his own first name?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jul 12, 2010
  5. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    On 7/11/2010 11:23 PM, tony cooper wrote:

    >>> Basketball? Do you mean with a name like that he isnt a porn star?
    >>>

    >> No, just that his parents were illiterate, or he was. There have even
    >> been cases where parents have named their kids after diseases and been
    >> too stupid to realize it. I even like the ones who name their kids using
    >> ancient Roman names, like Octavian. It's hilarious.

    > To suggest that a person's first name could be a result that person's
    > illiteracy is about as dumb a statement as can be imagined. You think
    > LeBron James picked his own first name?

    And the Roman names may very well be family names--there was a fad in
    the South at one time to give slaves Roman and Greek names. So Octavian
    may not be named after Caesar Augustus, he may be named after great grandpa.

    J. Clarke, Jul 12, 2010