    L3 VLAN's and a single WAN port? We are looking at an inexpensive
    router that we may be able to add to our product.

    Thanks in advance!
    Tom, Mar 4, 2010

  2. Tom

    Blob Guest

    Perhaps a 1700 series router? You can find them on ebay for cheap
    (less than $75).

    - Blob

    Blob, Mar 4, 2010

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    On Mar 4, 6:45 pm, Blob <> wrote:
    > Perhaps a 1700 series router?  You can find them on ebay for cheap
    > (less than $75).
    >
    > - Blob
    >
    > On 2010-03-04 16:14:50 -0500, Tom said:
    >
    > > Can someone recommend a small router that can support at least three
    > > L3 VLAN's and a single WAN port?   We are looking at an inexpensive
    > > router that we may be able to add to our product.

    > > Thanks in advance!

    Thanks Blob:)
    Tom, Mar 5, 2010
  4. Tom

    Rob Guest

    Tom <> wrote:
    > On Mar 4, 6:45 pm, Blob <> wrote:
    >> Perhaps a 1700 series router?  You can find them on ebay for cheap
    >> (less than $75).
    >>
    >> - Blob
    >>
    >> On 2010-03-04 16:14:50 -0500, Tom said:
    >>
    >> > Can someone recommend a small router that can support at least three
    >> > L3 VLAN's and a single WAN port?   We are looking at an inexpensive
    >> > router that we may be able to add to our product.

    >> > Thanks in advance!

    > Thanks Blob:)

    It depends on what you want to do with the router. When you want
    more than a few megabit/s performance I would not recommend a 1700...

    An 87x or 88x, although a lower model line, will outperform those old
    boxes. I don't know US pricing but I expect them to be about $500.
    Rob, Mar 5, 2010
  5. Tom

    Vincent Guest

    On Mar 5, 3:24 am, Rob <> wrote:
    > Tom <> wrote:
    > > On Mar 4, 6:45 pm, Blob <> wrote:
    > >> Perhaps a 1700 series router?  You can find them on ebay for cheap
    > >> (less than $75).

    > >> - Blob

    > > Thanks Blob:)

    > It depends on what you want to do with the router.  When you want
    > more than a few megabit/s performance I would not recommend a 1700...
    >
    > An 87x or 88x, although a lower model line, will outperform those old
    > boxes.  I don't know US pricing but I expect them to be about $500.

    TOM,

    I have found the 871 and 871W to be quite ideal and a good bang for
    your buck.
    Have to agree, you need to know what you want out of the device.
    There are even elchepo Linksys that has the RV082 with VLAN
    allocation...
    So look at your requirements and look at budget... 1700 might be too
    much

    At the end of the day only you know what you want...

    Regards,

    Vincent
    Vincent, Mar 5, 2010
  6. Tom

    Tom Guest

    On Mar 5, 10:47 am, Vincent <> wrote:
    > On Mar 5, 3:24 am, Rob <> wrote:
    >

    > > Tom <> wrote:

    > > > Thanks Blob:)

    > > It depends on what you want to do with the router.  When you want
    > > more than a few megabit/s performance I would not recommend a 1700...

    > > An 87x or 88x, although a lower model line, will outperform those old
    > > boxes.  I don't know US pricing but I expect them to be about $500.

    > TOM,
    >
    > I have found the 871 and 871W to be quite ideal and a good bang for
    > your buck.
    > Have to agree, you need to know what you want out of the device.
    > There are even elchepo Linksys that has the RV082 with VLAN
    > allocation...
    > So look at your requirements and look at budget...  1700 might be too
    > much
    >
    > At the end of the day only you know what you want...
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Vincent

    Thanks Vincent!
    Tom, Mar 8, 2010
  7. Tom

    Blob Guest

    On 2010-03-05 10:47:28 -0500, Vincent said:

    > At the end of the day only you know what you want...

    So true...
    Blob, Mar 10, 2010
  8. Tom

    JF Mezei Guest

    Note that the 871/871W , while it states supports 5 VLANs, in practice
    you can only use 1 because there are 4 hardcoded VLANs you can't remove.

    There is supposed to be some additional software you can get to enable
    more vlans. but I haven't been able to put my hands on it.
    JF Mezei, Mar 11, 2010