    Mauricio Freitas
    www.geekzone.co.nz
    Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP], Dec 27, 2005

  2. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:30:27 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    >Did anyone notice how slow is the paradise pop3 server since Friday before
    >Christmas?

    I noticed that last night when I was setting someone up on a new computer. I
    sent off a test message to make sure I had it right but nothing was comimg back.
    Wondered if I had it wrong for a minute, but then checked the webmail and
    nothing there either.

    Email was never guarenteed to be instant, but I guess you get used to it ay.

    Craig Shore, Dec 27, 2005

  3. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    XPD Guest

    "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > Did anyone notice how slow is the paradise pop3 server since Friday before
    > Christmas?
    >
    > I get emails hours after someone sending them, and sometimes up to 12
    > hours late :-(

    Yeah, theyve been pretty slow for a few weeks now. Dosent bother me
    personally as I dont use them but the clients Ive helped who do use them
    were not happy.

    XPD, Dec 27, 2005
  4. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    Bok Guest

    Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
    > Did anyone notice how slow is the paradise pop3 server since Friday before
    > Christmas?
    >
    > I get emails hours after someone sending them, and sometimes up to 12 hours
    > late :-(

    Appears there are still problems today. The paradise web network status
    reports known problems with email this morning (it didn't last night
    when I checked).

    Last night I sent an email to my paradise pop3 account from two
    different (non paradise) mail servers. One arrived half an hour later,
    the other still hasn't been delivered. The mail that did arrive was sent
    via my own smtp server on a T/C (paradise) cable connection.

    Bok, Dec 27, 2005
  5. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    Peter S Guest

    "Bok" <> wrote in message news:43b1aa66$...
    > Mauricio Freitas [MVP] wrote:
    >> Did anyone notice how slow is the paradise pop3 server since Friday
    >> before Christmas?
    >>
    >> I get emails hours after someone sending them, and sometimes up to 12
    >> hours late :-(

    > Appears there are still problems today. The paradise web network status
    > reports known problems with email this morning (it didn't last night when
    > I checked).
    >
    > Last night I sent an email to my paradise pop3 account from two different
    > (non paradise) mail servers. One arrived half an hour later, the other
    > still hasn't been delivered. The mail that did arrive was sent via my own
    > smtp server on a T/C (paradise) cable connection.

    It made the 11 o clock news on National Radio this morning. Paradise email
    is down and they don't know how long it will take to get fixed.

    Pete.

    Peter S, Dec 28, 2005
  6. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    Invisible Guest

    It's even more munted now:

    Email Major disruptions are currently occurring
    29 December 2005, 3:23 PM
    Paradise email services will be unavailable for 1 hour to perform maintenance to
    correct email issues. It will not be possible to send or receive emails until
    4:30 pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

    Webmail Major disruptions are currently occurring

    Invisible, Dec 29, 2005
  7. Mauricio Freitas [MVP]

    RayC Guest

    Now extended to 6.30 pm