    Does anyone have an idea or suggestion?
    Please help if you can.

    p.s. I am using the latest release of all browsers mentioned.

    Pedro Sanchez, Jun 19, 2006

  2. Pedro Sanchez

    Eric Guest

    Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    > I've used seamonkey, mozilla and firefox and they all render/load
    > pages very slowly. I decided to try IE and it loaded pages they way
    > Moz/FF used to do it, fast.
    >
    > I've checked already for spyware and viruses but found nothing.
    >
    > I need to know if anyone else has experienced this and what they did
    > about it.
    >
    > I don't want to go back to IE but my web experience is painfully slow
    > using Mozilla, seamonkey or firefox.
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea or suggestion?
    > Please help if you can.
    >
    > p.s. I am using the latest release of all browsers mentioned.

    try dumping the cache and temp files, I've noticed that whenever things
    start slowing down that these are the usual problems, as soon as I get
    rid of them I'm back up to speed.

    try doing what is on this page

    http://24hrsupport.netfirms.com/maint.html

    I do everything but the deltree and the defrag because I prefer to
    manually go in and do this through windows and systemworks.

    HTH

    Eric

    --
    To Reply directly delete "removethis" from email address

    Eric, Jun 19, 2006

  3. Pedro Sanchez

    Eric Guest

    Eric, Jun 19, 2006
  4. Pedro Sanchez

    John A. Guest

    On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:07:34 -0700, Eric <>
    wrote:

    >Pedro Sanchez wrote:
    >> I've used seamonkey, mozilla and firefox and they all render/load
    >> pages very slowly. I decided to try IE and it loaded pages they way
    >> Moz/FF used to do it, fast.
    >>
    >> I've checked already for spyware and viruses but found nothing.
    >>
    >> I need to know if anyone else has experienced this and what they did
    >> about it.
    >>
    >> I don't want to go back to IE but my web experience is painfully slow
    >> using Mozilla, seamonkey or firefox.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have an idea or suggestion?
    >> Please help if you can.
    >>
    >> p.s. I am using the latest release of all browsers mentioned.
    >>

    >try dumping the cache and temp files, I've noticed that whenever things
    >start slowing down that these are the usual problems, as soon as I get
    >rid of them I'm back up to speed.
    >
    >try doing what is on this page
    >
    >http://24hrsupport.netfirms.com/maint.html
    >
    >I do everything but the deltree and the defrag because I prefer to
    >manually go in and do this through windows and systemworks.

    I go the other way with deltree. within my Win98se autoexec.bat file I
    have:
    SET TEMP=C:\tmp
    deltree /y c:\tmp\*.*

    Every boot I get a clean temp directory.

    The "/y" tells it to act as if you answered yes to all confirmations.
    The use of C:\tmp goes back to my DOS days when I would try to squeeze
    out every last byte of free memory I could. The shorter temp path took
    up less space. :)

    I never run a screen saver so I don't need to disable that before
    defragging. I do, however, disable virtual memory to prevent defrag
    restarting due to disk activity, then reenable it afterward with a
    minimum of at least half my physical memory.

    I'm not sure which, if any, of these could be done with Win2k/XP. I
    believe the swap file is fixed in size, so it's not subject to as much
    fragmentation as in '98. This would seem to be a good thing to run,
    though: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PageDefrag.html

    PageDefrag will defragment your paging & registry files, event logs,
    and hibernation files. I have it set to run when my Win2k systems
    boot.

    John A., Jun 22, 2006
  5. Pedro Sanchez

    John A., Jun 22, 2006
  6. Pedro Sanchez

    Gribig Guest

    > The "/y" tells it to act as if you answered yes to all confirmations.
    > The use of C:\tmp goes back to my DOS days when I would try to squeeze
    > out every last byte of free memory I could. The shorter temp path took
    > up less space. :)

    set temp=c:\t

    :p

    Gribig, Jun 23, 2006
  7. Pedro Sanchez

    Gribig Guest

    > The "/y" tells it to act as if you answered yes to all confirmations.
    > The use of C:\tmp goes back to my DOS days when I would try to squeeze
    > out every last byte of free memory I could. The shorter temp path took
    > up less space. :)

    set temp=c:\t

    :p

    Gribig, Jun 23, 2006
  8. Pedro Sanchez

    John A. Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:20:14 +1200, Gribig <> wrote:

    >> The "/y" tells it to act as if you answered yes to all confirmations.
    >> The use of C:\tmp goes back to my DOS days when I would try to squeeze
    >> out every last byte of free memory I could. The shorter temp path took
    >> up less space. :)

    >set temp=c:\t
    >
    >:p

    Gotta consider the readability factor too, though. ;)

    John A., Jun 23, 2006
  9. Pedro Sanchez

    John A., Jun 23, 2006