    in 'Startup' - nothing helps.
    I would very much appreciate your help!

    Old Man Redeagle.

    claw, Oct 8, 2004

  2. claw

    Old Gringo Guest

    claw wrote:
    > Win XP Sp2
    > AMD Sempron 2500
    >
    > Can some of you experts lead me to a solution to
    > very slow (Three minutes or more) boot up after
    > a shut down or over night closing. Got so bad I
    > turned off everything but the PC, leaving it on
    > overnight.
    > I have run SpyBot, Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware,
    > HD Valet, Easy Cleaner and Registry cleaners to
    > no avail, went to msconfig and disabled all entries
    > in 'Startup' - nothing helps.
    > I would very much appreciate your help!
    >
    > Old Man Redeagle.

    Friends with WinXP tell me they turn the computer on as they are
    headed for the bathroom in the morning and it's ready when they get
    back. They tell me of 3 min. + boot up time. I am still with
    Win98se and a 27 sec. boot time.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Oct 8, 2004

  3. claw

    claw Guest

    Old Gringo:
    You are good! How did you know that I do
    that very thing - Being an old man my trips
    to the latrine sometimes go through the
    reading of the entire today's newspaper and then
    I come away not knowing if I'm finished or not.
    Usually the PC is up and running by then.
    "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    : claw wrote:
    : > Win XP Sp2
    : > AMD Sempron 2500
    : >
    : > Can some of you experts lead me to a solution to
    : > very slow (Three minutes or more) boot up after
    : > a shut down or over night closing. Got so bad I
    : > turned off everything but the PC, leaving it on
    : > overnight.
    : > I have run SpyBot, Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware,
    : > HD Valet, Easy Cleaner and Registry cleaners to
    : > no avail, went to msconfig and disabled all entries
    : > in 'Startup' - nothing helps.
    : > I would very much appreciate your help!
    : >
    : > Old Man Redeagle.
    : Friends with WinXP tell me they turn the computer on as they are
    : headed for the bathroom in the morning and it's ready when they get
    : back. They tell me of 3 min. + boot up time. I am still with
    : Win98se and a 27 sec. boot time.
    :
    : --
    : Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-industries.com/>

    claw, Oct 8, 2004
  4. claw

    Ionizer Guest

    "claw" <> wrote in message
    > Old Gringo:
    > You are good! How did you know that I do
    > that very thing - Being an old man my trips
    > to the latrine sometimes go through the
    > reading of the entire today's newspaper and then
    > I come away not knowing if I'm finished or not.
    > Usually the PC is up and running by then.

    I've also adopted a new morning routine now that I'm older. I wake up,
    stretch and yawn, and go to the bathroom.

    Then I get out of bed.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 8, 2004
  5. claw

    Conor Guest

    In article <YeD9d.12019$R43.7006@fed1read01>, claw says...
    > Win XP Sp2
    > AMD Sempron 2500
    >
    > Can some of you experts lead me to a solution to
    > very slow (Three minutes or more) boot up after
    > a shut down or over night closing. Got so bad I
    > turned off everything but the PC, leaving it on
    > overnight.
    > I have run SpyBot, Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware,
    > HD Valet, Easy Cleaner and Registry cleaners to
    > no avail, went to msconfig and disabled all entries
    > in 'Startup' - nothing helps.
    > I would very much appreciate your help!

    Download and use the BOOTVIS tool from Microsoft.

    --
    Conor

    Opinions personal, facts suspect.

    Conor, Oct 8, 2004
  6. ive never timed it but my pc on wxp is slow coming up and my pc at work on
    w98 with less ram and a slow processor boots up quicker
    but
    once in xp is much better than 98

    seymour butts, Oct 8, 2004
  7. "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    > claw wrote:
    >> Win XP Sp2
    >> AMD Sempron 2500
    >>
    >> Can some of you experts lead me to a solution to
    >> very slow (Three minutes or more) boot up after a shut down or over night
    >> closing. Got so bad I turned off everything but the PC, leaving it on
    >> overnight.
    >> I have run SpyBot, Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware,
    >> HD Valet, Easy Cleaner and Registry cleaners to
    >> no avail, went to msconfig and disabled all entries
    >> in 'Startup' - nothing helps.
    >> I would very much appreciate your help!
    >>
    >> Old Man Redeagle.

    > Friends with WinXP tell me they turn the computer on as they are headed
    > for the bathroom in the morning and it's ready when they get back. They
    > tell me of 3 min. + boot up time. I am still with Win98se and a 27 sec.
    > boot time.

    My WinXP boots WAY FASTER than did my 98SE and WinME OS system. And, all of
    those OS systems were ran on this same old clunky box of a computer I still
    have today!
    XP starts fast.

    Armchair Einstein, Oct 8, 2004
  8. claw

    Barry Guest

    I don't know why your computer boots up so slow, but I do know it has
    nothing to do with (WIN XP SP2) I have win xp sp2 and it boots up really
    fast, and I am here to tell you that win 98 can't hold a candle to win xp
    sp2, wish I could help you more sorry,,,,,

    Barry, Oct 9, 2004
  9. claw

    Conor Guest

    In article <ck74v0$9vk$>, seymour butts says...
    > ive never timed it but my pc on wxp is slow coming up and my pc at work on
    > w98 with less ram and a slow processor boots up quicker

    No shit Einstein. Could be because NT OSes perform quite a few number
    of checks on bootup.

    Conor, Oct 9, 2004
  10. claw

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| In article <YeD9d.12019$R43.7006@fed1read01>, claw says...
    >| > Win XP Sp2
    >| > AMD Sempron 2500
    >| >
    >| > Can some of you experts lead me to a solution to
    >| > very slow (Three minutes or more) boot up after
    >| > a shut down or over night closing. Got so bad I
    >| > turned off everything but the PC, leaving it on
    >| > overnight.
    >| > I have run SpyBot, Spyware Blaster, Ad-Aware,
    >| > HD Valet, Easy Cleaner and Registry cleaners to
    >| > no avail, went to msconfig and disabled all entries
    >| > in 'Startup' - nothing helps.
    >| > I would very much appreciate your help!
    >| >
    >| Download and use the BOOTVIS tool from Microsoft.

    Not according to MS:
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/sysperf/fastboot/BootVis.mspx

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 9, 2004
  11. claw

    Conor Guest

    In article <>, Toolman Tim says...
    > >| In article <YeD9d.12019$R43.7006@fed1read01>, claw says...

    > >| Download and use the BOOTVIS tool from Microsoft.
    > >|

    > Not according to MS:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/sysperf/fastboot/BootVis.mspx

    Have you tried it? No. Have I? Yes.

    Conor, Oct 9, 2004
  12. 3 minutes is not very long at all if you have a lot of software installed.
    There is a possibility that there is a hardware malfunction. I had a Dell
    Optiplex 150 with a mini case which crimped an IDE cable which caused the
    computer to boot in 10 + min. After replacing the cable it booted in 1.5
    min.

    Bruce Williams, Oct 9, 2004
  13. claw

    The Tech Guy Guest

    MY ISP uses PPPoe for DSL
    and this happens ALL the time
    if your ISP uses this type of connection
    I believe your using COX for internet, and I think it cable not DSL(not 100%
    sure)
    so this may not apply

    to fix this go to the control panel
    open network connections
    open the properties for your network card ( LAN or local area connection)
    open the internet protocol tcp/tp

    and a private IP address 192.168.000.123,
    tab down to the subnet mask ( it will auto fill in the info)
    click ok or close a few times

    --
    Jason

    Adware Spyware Removal - Scan your PC Absolutely FREE
    http://www.supportcave.com/spy-sweeper.html

    The Tech Guy, Oct 9, 2004