Very OT: My Disability

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Radium, Jul 28, 2007.

  1. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Dear All:

    I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.

    I would like to give you some information about my disability. The
    reason I am posting this message about Asperger's is to help avoid any
    potential misunderstandings [though it's probably too late].

    I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (AS). AS is a
    neurological condition that causes significant impairment in social
    interactions. People with AS see the world differently and this can
    often bring them in conflict with conventional ways of thinking. They
    have difficulty in reading body language, and interpreting subtle
    cues. In my situation, I have significant difficulty with natural
    conversation, reading social cues, and maintaining eye contact. This
    can lead to a great deal of misunderstanding about my intent or my
    behavior. For example, I may not always know what to say in social
    situations, so I may look away or may not say anything. I also may not
    always respond quickly when asked direct questions, but if given time
    I am able express my ideas.

    On Usenet, the text-equivalent of my disability is probably noticed. I
    do apologize profusely, for any inconvenience it causes.

    Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation,
    and assistance.


    Regards,

    Radium
    Radium, Jul 28, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Radium

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Hey no problem here.

    --

    Newsgroup Trolls. Read about mine here http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads
    The list grows. Leythos the stalker http://www.leythosthestalker.com, David
    H. Lipman, Max M Wachtell III aka What's in a Name?, Fitz,
    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Meat Plow, F Kwatu F, George Orwell



    "Radium" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Dear All:
    >
    > I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.
    >
    > I would like to give you some information about my disability. The
    > reason I am posting this message about Asperger's is to help avoid any
    > potential misunderstandings [though it's probably too late].
    >
    > I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (AS). AS is a
    > neurological condition that causes significant impairment in social
    > interactions. People with AS see the world differently and this can
    > often bring them in conflict with conventional ways of thinking. They
    > have difficulty in reading body language, and interpreting subtle
    > cues. In my situation, I have significant difficulty with natural
    > conversation, reading social cues, and maintaining eye contact. This
    > can lead to a great deal of misunderstanding about my intent or my
    > behavior. For example, I may not always know what to say in social
    > situations, so I may look away or may not say anything. I also may not
    > always respond quickly when asked direct questions, but if given time
    > I am able express my ideas.
    >
    > On Usenet, the text-equivalent of my disability is probably noticed. I
    > do apologize profusely, for any inconvenience it causes.
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation,
    > and assistance.
    >
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Radium
    >
    pcbutts1, Jul 28, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Radium

    Mike Easter Guest

    Radium wrote:
    Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, sci.electronics.basics,
    comp.dsp, alt.folklore.computers, 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Crossposts trimmed to 24hshd

    > I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.


    Perhaps you do, but I doubt/ don't think/ it is at the basis of your
    usenet misbehavior, such as rambunctious crossposting and hating the
    public at large.

    Here's a discussion of AS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome Asperger syndrome

    I'm assuming that the persona which uses the GG login
    and posts GG from the socal.res.rr.com IPs of the
    family 75.84.17.nn is the persona currently crossposting this AS
    business and which Radium had a discussion here in 24hshd earlier
    http://snipr.com/1ovrc Laptop has a unique identifying code number -- what
    is this number called?

    > On Usenet, the text-equivalent of my disability is probably noticed. I
    > do apologize profusely, for any inconvenience it causes.


    On usenet, you will have to expect a lack of understanding or
    cooperation or assistance, since we are not your psychiatrist or your
    social enablers. Nor do I trust your proclamations.

    > Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation,
    > and assistance.


    IMO, proclaiming you have a neurological disorder which affects
    interpersonal interactions in 'realtime' doesn't allow you to skate past
    your responsibility to be able to manage your 'time out' opportunities
    on usenet.

    If you were really AS, your realtime and real-life interpersonal/social
    interactions are one thing -- but not usenet. Whoever is helping you
    learn to interact with society satisfactorily could oversee delaying
    your usenet text posts until you had more time to consider what you are
    saying and doing and feeling.


    --
    Mike Easter - anti-crossposter
    Any crossposting with which I disagree
    has been trimmed away in my own reply
    Mike Easter, Jul 28, 2007
    #3
  4. Radium

    Jerry Avins Guest

    Radium wrote:
    > Dear All:
    >
    > I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.


    You said that here already. Do you have Alzheimer's too?

    Jerry
    --
    Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Jerry Avins, Jul 28, 2007
    #4
  5. Radium

    Guest

    On Jul 29, 6:55 am, Radium <> wrote:
    > Dear All:
    >
    > I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.
    >
    > I would like to give you some information about my disability. The
    > reason I am posting this message about Asperger's is to help avoid any
    > potential misunderstandings [though it's probably too late].
    >
    > I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (AS). AS is a
    > neurological condition that causes significant impairment in social
    > interactions. People with AS see the world differently and this can
    > often bring them in conflict with conventional ways of thinking. They
    > have difficulty in reading body language, and interpreting subtle
    > cues. In my situation, I have significant difficulty with natural
    > conversation, reading social cues, and maintaining eye contact. This
    > can lead to a great deal of misunderstanding about my intent or my
    > behavior. For example, I may not always know what to say in social
    > situations, so I may look away or may not say anything. I also may not
    > always respond quickly when asked direct questions, but if given time
    > I am able express my ideas.
    >
    > On Usenet, the text-equivalent of my disability is probably noticed. I
    > do apologize profusely, for any inconvenience it causes.
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation,
    > and assistance.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Radium


    They are all Autistic on these groups - you should feel at home.
    , Jul 28, 2007
    #5
  6. Radium

    Guest

    On Jul 28, 2:55 pm, Radium <> wrote:
    > Dear All:
    >
    > I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.
    >
    > I would like to give you some information about my disability. The
    > reason I am posting this message about Asperger's is to help avoid any
    > potential misunderstandings [though it's probably too late].
    >
    > I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (AS). AS is a
    > neurological condition that causes significant impairment in social
    > interactions. People with AS see the world differently and this can
    > often bring them in conflict with conventional ways of thinking. They
    > have difficulty in reading body language, and interpreting subtle
    > cues. In my situation, I have significant difficulty with natural
    > conversation, reading social cues, and maintaining eye contact. This
    > can lead to a great deal of misunderstanding about my intent or my
    > behavior. For example, I may not always know what to say in social
    > situations, so I may look away or may not say anything. I also may not
    > always respond quickly when asked direct questions, but if given time
    > I am able express my ideas.
    >
    > On Usenet, the text-equivalent of my disability is probably noticed. I
    > do apologize profusely, for any inconvenience it causes.
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation,
    > and assistance.
    >

    Should be easy on Usenet then. There isn't any "natural conversation",
    no social cues, no eye contact. And AS patients often do have very
    narrow interests. But I've never seen it to the point you did about
    video cards.

    Both my son and my wife have AS. Usually when I tell them to stop
    obsessing about something during a conversation they do.
    , Jul 28, 2007
    #6
  7. Radium

    Guest

    "" <> wrote:

    >> Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation,
    >> and assistance.


    >Should be easy on Usenet then. There isn't any "natural conversation",
    >no social cues, no eye contact. And AS patients often do have very
    >narrow interests. But I've never seen it to the point you did about
    >video cards.


    Sound Card? Sound blaster to be exact.
    Message-ID: <>


    --

    The 8 Strangest Communities on the Web
    http://www.cracked.com/index.php?name=News&sid=2271&pageid=2
    , Jul 28, 2007
    #7
  8. Radium

    Guest

    On Jul 28, 5:09 pm, wrote:
    > "" <> wrote:
    > >> Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation,
    > >> and assistance.

    > >Should be easy on Usenet then. There isn't any "natural conversation",
    > >no social cues, no eye contact. And AS patients often do have very
    > >narrow interests. But I've never seen it to the point you did about
    > >video cards.

    >
    > Sound Card? Sound blaster to be exact.
    > Message-ID: <>


    Now you see how important his tirades were to me? Thanks for the
    message-id, I won't be using it!
    , Jul 28, 2007
    #8
  9. "Radium" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.
    > . . . People with AS see the world differently and this can
    > often bring them in conflict with conventional ways of thinking.


    None of the social difficulties listed occurs in newsgroup
    posts -- which suggests a solution. After writing a message,
    set it aside for one day and review it before posting. This
    way you can conform to others' expectations in the way you want.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs
    (Ottawa, Canada)
    Don Phillipson, Jul 29, 2007
    #9
  10. Radium

    Rectum Burn Guest

    Radium <> said in news:1185648947.889391.292010
    @m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

    > Dear All:
    >
    > I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.
    >


    Nobody gives a ****, dufus.

    HTH TIA

    Rectum Burrrrrrrrrrn
    Rectum Burn, Jul 29, 2007
    #10
  11. Radium

    jomama Guest

    On Jul 29, 12:36 am, Rectum Burn
    <> wrote:
    > Radium <> said in news:1185648947.889391.292010
    > @m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Dear All:

    >
    > > I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.

    >
    > Nobody gives a ****, dufus.
    >
    > HTH TIA
    >
    > Rectum Burrrrrrrrrrn
    jomama, Jul 29, 2007
    #11
  12. Radium

    kell Guest

    On Jul 28, 11:55 am, Radium <> wrote:
    > Dear All:
    >
    > I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.
    >
    > I would like to give you some information about my disability. The
    > reason I am posting this message about Asperger's is to help avoid any
    > potential misunderstandings [though it's probably too late].
    >
    > I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (AS). AS is a
    > neurological condition that causes significant impairment in social
    > interactions. People with AS see the world differently and this can
    > often bring them in conflict with conventional ways of thinking. They
    > have difficulty in reading body language, and interpreting subtle
    > cues. In my situation, I have significant difficulty with natural
    > conversation, reading social cues, and maintaining eye contact. This
    > can lead to a great deal of misunderstanding about my intent or my
    > behavior. For example, I may not always know what to say in social
    > situations, so I may look away or may not say anything. I also may not
    > always respond quickly when asked direct questions, but if given time
    > I am able express my ideas.
    >
    > On Usenet, the text-equivalent of my disability is probably noticed. I
    > do apologize profusely, for any inconvenience it causes.
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation,
    > and assistance.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Radium


    At least you don't have Ass-Burger Syndrome, like some people around
    here.
    kell, Jul 29, 2007
    #12
  13. Radium

    Jerry Avins Guest

    Don Phillipson wrote:
    > "Radium" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >> I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.
    >> . . . People with AS see the world differently and this can
    >> often bring them in conflict with conventional ways of thinking.

    >
    > None of the social difficulties listed occurs in newsgroup
    > posts -- which suggests a solution. After writing a message,
    > set it aside for one day and review it before posting. This
    > way you can conform to others' expectations in the way you want.


    I have lived with and mentored a youth with Asperger's who is active on
    internet chat rooms. Either Radium's problem is something else or --
    more likely, I think -- he's a troll.

    Jerry
    --
    Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Jerry Avins, Jul 29, 2007
    #13
  14. Radium

    Rectum Burn Guest

    jomama <> said in news:1185697806.468214.105970
    @x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

    > On Jul 29, 12:36 am, Rectum Burn
    > <> wrote:
    >> Radium <> said in news:1185648947.889391.292010
    >> @m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >> > Dear All:

    >>
    >> > I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.

    >>
    >> Nobody gives a ****, dufus.
    >>
    >> HTH TIA
    >>
    >> Rectum Burrrrrrrrrrn

    >
    >


    Did I dumbfound you or are you just too stupid to type?

    Rectum Burrrrrrn
    Rectum Burn, Jul 30, 2007
    #14
  15. Radium

    Chris Syn Guest

    did he say assbugger syndrome?

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    news:46ab98da$0$97214$...
    > Radium wrote:
    > Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, sci.electronics.basics,
    > comp.dsp, alt.folklore.computers, 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >
    > Crossposts trimmed to 24hshd
    >
    >> I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.

    >
    > Perhaps you do, but I doubt/ don't think/ it is at the basis of your
    > usenet misbehavior, such as rambunctious crossposting and hating the
    > public at large.
    >
    > Here's a discussion of AS
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome Asperger syndrome
    >
    > I'm assuming that the persona which uses the GG login
    > and posts GG from the socal.res.rr.com IPs of the
    > family 75.84.17.nn is the persona currently crossposting this AS
    > business and which Radium had a discussion here in 24hshd earlier
    > http://snipr.com/1ovrc Laptop has a unique identifying code number --
    > what
    > is this number called?
    >
    >> On Usenet, the text-equivalent of my disability is probably noticed. I
    >> do apologize profusely, for any inconvenience it causes.

    >
    > On usenet, you will have to expect a lack of understanding or
    > cooperation or assistance, since we are not your psychiatrist or your
    > social enablers. Nor do I trust your proclamations.
    >
    >> Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation,
    >> and assistance.

    >
    > IMO, proclaiming you have a neurological disorder which affects
    > interpersonal interactions in 'realtime' doesn't allow you to skate past
    > your responsibility to be able to manage your 'time out' opportunities
    > on usenet.
    >
    > If you were really AS, your realtime and real-life interpersonal/social
    > interactions are one thing -- but not usenet. Whoever is helping you
    > learn to interact with society satisfactorily could oversee delaying
    > your usenet text posts until you had more time to consider what you are
    > saying and doing and feeling.
    >
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter - anti-crossposter
    > Any crossposting with which I disagree
    > has been trimmed away in my own reply
    >
    Chris Syn, Jul 31, 2007
    #15
  16. Radium

    Rozagy Guest

    On Jul 28, 9:38?pm, ""
    <> wrote:
    > On Jul 28, 2:55 pm, Radium <> wrote:
    >
    >
    > Should be easy on Usenet then. There isn't any "natural conversation",
    > no social cues, no eye contact. And AS patients often do have very
    > narrow interests. But I've never seen it to the point you did about
    > video cards.
    >
    > Both my son and my wife have AS. Usually when I tell them to stop
    > obsessing about something during a conversation they do.- Hide quoted text -
    >
    > - Show quoted text -




    Well that's rubbish! AS - people with Asperger's Syndrome - are NOT
    patients!! Whoever said that is an idiot!!!

    It's like saying: black skinned means being a "patient" because black
    skin is "different". And the word Patient implies being unwell and
    needing a "cure". Asperger's is a name for higher intelligence and a
    better wired brain for learning, innovation and honesty as a opposed
    to fluffing about, chatting shit and gossip, judging others behind
    their back while pretenting to be their friend to their face i.e.
    "socialising". NT's need designer labels to make them feel good about
    their insecure sheep-like (mentality) selves. Autistics only care
    about their passions (compuetrs, art, physics, inventing, music,
    creating stuff with their hands - useful stuff that diffirentiates
    humans from animals. Peacocks also care about strutting their stuff -
    like NTs and judge each other on appearance. Autistics don't).

    THAT needs a cure!!! a Neurotypical brain, I think you'll find - is
    the one that's FLAWED. Autistic brain is a Human brain made the way
    GOD intended it to be.

    Roza
    Rozagy, Aug 1, 2007
    #16
  17. Radium

    Guest

    On Aug 1, 7:04 am, Rozagy <> wrote:
    > On Jul 28, 9:38?pm, ""
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > On Jul 28, 2:55 pm, Radium <> wrote:

    >
    > > Should be easy on Usenet then. There isn't any "natural conversation",
    > > no social cues, no eye contact. And AS patients often do have very
    > > narrow interests. But I've never seen it to the point you did about
    > > video cards.

    >
    > > Both my son and my wife have AS. Usually when I tell them to stop
    > > obsessing about something during a conversation they do.- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > > - Show quoted text -

    >
    > Well that's rubbish! AS - people with Asperger's Syndrome - are NOT
    > patients!! Whoever said that is an idiot!!!
    >
    > It's like saying: black skinned means being a "patient" because black
    > skin is "different". And the word Patient implies being unwell and
    > needing a "cure". Asperger's is a name for higher intelligence and a
    > better wired brain for learning, innovation and honesty as a opposed
    > to fluffing about, chatting shit and gossip, judging others behind
    > their back while pretenting to be their friend to their face i.e.
    > "socialising". NT's need designer labels to make them feel good about
    > their insecure sheep-like (mentality) selves. Autistics only care
    > about their passions (compuetrs, art, physics, inventing, music,
    > creating stuff with their hands - useful stuff that diffirentiates
    > humans from animals. Peacocks also care about strutting their stuff -
    > like NTs and judge each other on appearance. Autistics don't).
    >
    > THAT needs a cure!!! a Neurotypical brain, I think you'll find - is
    > the one that's FLAWED. Autistic brain is a Human brain made the way
    > GOD intended it to be.
    >
    > Roza


    We are all patients at one time or another.
    Perhaps "patient" was the wrong choice. "Sufferer" would not be
    correct either. "Diagnosed with" perhaps.
    But if you just want to nitpick, you'd find fault with any of them...
    , Aug 1, 2007
    #17
  18. Radium

    kony Guest

    On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 04:04:50 -0700, Rozagy <>
    wrote:

    <snip>

    >... Asperger's is a name for higher intelligence and a
    >better wired brain for learning, innovation and honesty as a opposed
    >to fluffing about, chatting shit and gossip, judging others behind
    >their back while pretenting to be their friend to their face i.e.
    >"socialising". NT's need designer labels to make them feel good about
    >their insecure sheep-like (mentality) selves.


    That's all a load of nonsense. Asperger's is just another
    way of saying someone spent substantially more time focused
    on certain mental exercises /other/ than social interaction.
    What one does regularly, one becomes good at, while also
    building skills applicable to somewhat similar endeavors.
    Unfortunately if one shuns social interaction too much, it
    is going to be more difficult for them to "catch up" to some
    kind of average set of social skills, because as a person
    grows, matures, ages, they have a self-evolution in their
    personal identity and the way they interact socially will
    be changing and evolving.

    Also, you're more than a wee bit paranoid if the only two
    alternatives would be asperger's or direct communication
    with others who would /supposedly/ think negatively about
    you. There certainly are people who just "fluff about" or
    chatter away, but the classification has no bearing on
    contrasts with asperger's labeled individuals, except of
    course that if they don't find social interactions pleasant,
    naturally they wouldn't be chattering away.




    >THAT needs a cure!!! a Neurotypical brain, I think you'll find - is
    >the one that's FLAWED. Autistic brain is a Human brain made the way
    >GOD intended it to be.


    In your eyes God intends for you to shun interactions with
    your own (human) race? IMO, you need to be a little less
    subjective about this. There is a happy medium.
    kony, Aug 1, 2007
    #18
  19. Radium

    John Fields Guest

    On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 04:04:50 -0700, Rozagy <> wrote:

    >On Jul 28, 9:38?pm, ""
    ><> wrote:
    >> On Jul 28, 2:55 pm, Radium <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> Should be easy on Usenet then. There isn't any "natural conversation",
    >> no social cues, no eye contact. And AS patients often do have very
    >> narrow interests. But I've never seen it to the point you did about
    >> video cards.
    >>
    >> Both my son and my wife have AS. Usually when I tell them to stop
    >> obsessing about something during a conversation they do.- Hide quoted text -
    >>
    >> - Show quoted text -

    >
    >
    >
    >Well that's rubbish! AS - people with Asperger's Syndrome - are NOT
    >patients!! Whoever said that is an idiot!!!
    >
    >It's like saying: black skinned means being a "patient" because black
    >skin is "different". And the word Patient implies being unwell and
    >needing a "cure". Asperger's is a name for higher intelligence and a
    >better wired brain for learning, innovation and honesty as a opposed
    >to fluffing about, chatting shit and gossip, judging others behind
    >their back while pretenting to be their friend to their face i.e.
    >"socialising". NT's need designer labels to make them feel good about
    >their insecure sheep-like (mentality) selves. Autistics only care
    >about their passions (compuetrs, art, physics, inventing, music,
    >creating stuff with their hands - useful stuff that diffirentiates
    >humans from animals. Peacocks also care about strutting their stuff -
    >like NTs and judge each other on appearance. Autistics don't).
    >
    >THAT needs a cure!!! a Neurotypical brain, I think you'll find - is
    >the one that's FLAWED. Autistic brain is a Human brain made the way
    >GOD intended it to be.


    ---
    How nice for you to be able to determine God's intentions.

    Next, since you seem to believe that you're God's hands on this
    Earth, I'm sure you'll be advocating an autistic takeover, where all
    brains not capable of narrowband activity will be eliminated,
    Hitleresque.

    Should that come to pass, your society will "progress" to the point
    where the determination of mental bandwidth ("Q") will determine who
    lives and dies, with the less slowly rising slopes being relegated
    to becoming fertilizer.

    Eventually, though, as Q is forced to increase and the distance
    between interlocked signal sources also increases, the point will
    come where the demise of one peak will domino across your landscape
    and leave you all wondering what went wrong.

    Too bad, since all you would have to have done to avoid the meltdown
    would have been to recognize and accept resistance.


    --
    JF
    John Fields, Aug 2, 2007
    #19
  20. kony wrote:

    (snip)

    > That's all a load of nonsense. Asperger's is just another
    > way of saying someone spent substantially more time focused
    > on certain mental exercises /other/ than social interaction.


    I doubt many readers here believe that. Most of us knew very
    early that we were good at science, math, or engineering.
    It wasn't that we chose those things, we were already good
    at them.

    > What one does regularly, one becomes good at, while also
    > building skills applicable to somewhat similar endeavors.
    > Unfortunately if one shuns social interaction too much, it
    > is going to be more difficult for them to "catch up" to some
    > kind of average set of social skills, because as a person
    > grows, matures, ages, they have a self-evolution in their
    > personal identity and the way they interact socially will
    > be changing and evolving.


    > Also, you're more than a wee bit paranoid if the only two
    > alternatives would be asperger's or direct communication
    > with others who would /supposedly/ think negatively about
    > you.


    My understanding is that there is a continuum, not a
    yes or no decision. As with many genetic traits, a little
    is good but a lot can be bad.

    > There certainly are people who just "fluff about" or
    > chatter away, but the classification has no bearing on
    > contrasts with asperger's labeled individuals, except of
    > course that if they don't find social interactions pleasant,
    > naturally they wouldn't be chattering away.


    Most who post to comp.dsp (where I am posting this) are pretty
    smart, but also good at chattering. (If not, they wouldn't
    be posting.)

    >>THAT needs a cure!!! a Neurotypical brain, I think you'll find - is
    >>the one that's FLAWED. Autistic brain is a Human brain made the way
    >>GOD intended it to be.


    That one I don't understand at all.

    > In your eyes God intends for you to shun interactions with
    > your own (human) race? IMO, you need to be a little less
    > subjective about this. There is a happy medium.


    As I understand it, some believe that there is a connection between
    autism and Aspergers, and others don't. Either way, some of
    us are better at science and engineering than others, and some are
    better at communicating than others. The variety is the way God
    intended it, that is, genetic diversity.

    -- glen
    glen herrmannsfeldt, Aug 2, 2007
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Thomas Reed

    Quick Book file access very very very slow

    Thomas Reed, Apr 9, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    730
    Palindrome
    Apr 9, 2004
  2. Lee Davison

    Disability feature appeared

    Lee Davison, Mar 25, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    400
    Toolman Tim
    Mar 25, 2005
  3. Nenad Kostanjsek

    WHO Photo Contest "Images of Health and Disability 2003"

    Nenad Kostanjsek, Nov 23, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    363
    Nenad Kostanjsek
    Nov 23, 2003
  4. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    276
  5. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    473
Loading...

Share This Page