    If anyone has a solution for this or can help with another method of keeping
    the fan quieter I would be most grateful
    TIA

    El.Plates, Nov 23, 2008

  2. El.Plates

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:41:38 -0000, "El.Plates"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi everyone, my brother has bought an HP Pavilion EG780AA a1228.uk and I've
    >found me self volunteered to reformat the HD, re-install the O/S etc !
    >All seems to be fine with the PC except that the fan is driving me mad it's
    >SO noisy.
    >Google tells me that this is a well known problem with the HP Pavilion
    >EG780AA a1228.uk
    >I have installed SpeedFan v4.37 and have experimented with it and now have
    >settings which make for a far quieter machine without sacrificing cooling to
    >any noticeable degree (sorry about the terrible pun).
    >Where I need some help is that I would like this programme to run at startup
    >with the settings I have evolved to and can't see any way of achieving this.
    >If anyone has a solution for this or can help with another method of keeping
    >the fan quieter I would be most grateful
    >TIA

    Which fan is making the noise, the case fan or the CPU fan? Or the one
    you use to cool your butt?

    joevan, Nov 23, 2008

  3. El.Plates

    Guest

    El.Plates wrote:

    > Hi everyone, my brother has bought an HP Pavilion EG780AA a1228.uk and I've
    > found me self volunteered to reformat the HD, re-install the O/S etc !
    > All seems to be fine with the PC except that the fan is driving me mad it's
    > SO noisy.
    > Google tells me that this is a well known problem with the HP Pavilion
    > EG780AA a1228.uk
    > I have installed SpeedFan v4.37 and have experimented with it and now have
    > settings which make for a far quieter machine without sacrificing cooling to
    > any noticeable degree (sorry about the terrible pun).
    > Where I need some help is that I would like this programme to run at startup
    > with the settings I have evolved to and can't see any way of achieving this.
    > If anyone has a solution for this or can help with another method of keeping
    > the fan quieter I would be most grateful
    > TIA

    - replace fan with quieter one
    - small carpet lined box over air output, with L shaped air path
    - glue damping material to case on the inside

    http://www.wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Fan_noise_reduction

    NT

    , Nov 23, 2008
  4. El.Plates

    VanguardLH Guest

    El.Plates wrote:

    > I have installed SpeedFan v4.37 and have experimented with it and now have
    > settings which make for a far quieter machine without sacrificing cooling to
    > any noticeable degree (sorry about the terrible pun).
    > Where I need some help is that I would like this programme to run at startup
    > with the settings I have evolved to and can't see any way of achieving this.

    NOTE: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking removed from newsgroups in my
    reply. Not a related newsgroup to this topic, and to also reduce
    excessive cross-posting to 4, or less, newsgroups.

    Put a shortcut to the program in the Startup folder in the Start menu.
    Either put in your own profile's startup group (to run only when you
    login) or in the all-users group (so it runs for whomever logs in).
    Right-click on the Startup group in the Start menu and select Open (for
    your own login) or Open All Users (for the all-users group), then add a
    shortcut to the speedfan.exe program. If you don't want to see the
    program when it first loads, enable its option to minimize to tray.

    VanguardLH, Nov 23, 2008
  5. On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:41:38 +0000, El.Plates aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > Hi everyone, my brother has bought an HP Pavilion EG780AA a1228.uk and I've
    > found me self volunteered to reformat the HD, re-install the O/S etc !
    > All seems to be fine with the PC except that the fan is driving me mad it's
    > SO noisy.
    > Google tells me that this is a well known problem with the HP Pavilion
    > EG780AA a1228.uk
    > I have installed SpeedFan v4.37 and have experimented with it and now have
    > settings which make for a far quieter machine without sacrificing cooling to
    > any noticeable degree (sorry about the terrible pun).
    > Where I need some help is that I would like this programme to run at startup
    > with the settings I have evolved to and can't see any way of achieving this.
    > If anyone has a solution for this or can help with another method of keeping
    > the fan quieter I would be most grateful
    > TIA

    Get a decent set of speakers with a center subwoofer, mate.

    http://www.mykeru.com

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 23, 2008
  6. El.Plates

    jaster Guest

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:41:38 +0000, El.Plates thoughfully wrote:

    > Hi everyone, my brother has bought an HP Pavilion EG780AA a1228.uk and
    > I've found me self volunteered to reformat the HD, re-install the O/S
    > etc ! All seems to be fine with the PC except that the fan is driving me
    > mad it's SO noisy.
    > Google tells me that this is a well known problem with the HP Pavilion
    > EG780AA a1228.uk
    > I have installed SpeedFan v4.37 and have experimented with it and now
    > have settings which make for a far quieter machine without sacrificing
    > cooling to any noticeable degree (sorry about the terrible pun). Where I
    > need some help is that I would like this programme to run at startup
    > with the settings I have evolved to and can't see any way of achieving
    > this. If anyone has a solution for this or can help with another method
    > of keeping the fan quieter I would be most grateful TIA

    I agree get him to buy and install a better fan. Every HD reformat would
    need speedfan reinstalled and newer cpu fans are getting quieter and cool.

    jaster, Nov 23, 2008
  7. El.Plates

    The Samurai Guest

    On Nov 23, 10:41 pm, "El.Plates" <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone, my brother has bought an HP Pavilion EG780AA a1228.uk and I've
    > found me self volunteered to reformat the HD, re-install the O/S etc !
    > All seems to be fine with the PC except that the fan is driving me mad it's
    > SO noisy.
    > Google tells me that this is a well known problem with the HP Pavilion
    > EG780AA a1228.uk
    > I have installed SpeedFan v4.37 and have experimented with it and now have
    > settings which make for a far quieter machine without sacrificing cooling to
    > any noticeable degree (sorry about the terrible pun).
    > Where I need some help is that I would like this programme to run at startup
    > with the settings I have evolved to and can't see any way of achieving this.
    > If anyone has a solution for this or can help with another method of keeping
    > the fan quieter I would be most grateful
    > TIA

    best thing is to damp the inside of your case, that will reduce some
    vibrations

    The Samurai, Nov 24, 2008
  8. El.Plates

    El.Plates Guest

    "§ñühwØ£f" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:41:38 +0000, El.Plates aided th' terraists with the
    > following claims :
    >
    >> Hi everyone, my brother has bought an HP Pavilion EG780AA a1228.uk and
    >> I've
    >> found me self volunteered to reformat the HD, re-install the O/S etc !
    >> All seems to be fine with the PC except that the fan is driving me mad
    >> it's
    >> SO noisy.
    >> Google tells me that this is a well known problem with the HP Pavilion
    >> EG780AA a1228.uk
    >> I have installed SpeedFan v4.37 and have experimented with it and now
    >> have
    >> settings which make for a far quieter machine without sacrificing cooling
    >> any noticeable degree (sorry about the terrible pun).
    >> Where I need some help is that I would like this programme to run at
    >> startup
    >> with the settings I have evolved to and can't see any way of achieving
    >> this.
    >> If anyone has a solution for this or can help with another method of
    >> keeping
    >> the fan quieter I would be most grateful
    >> TIA

    > Get a decent set of speakers with a center subwoofer, mate.

    all subwoofers are omnidirectional mate

    El.Plates, Nov 24, 2008
  9. El.Plates

    rf Guest

    "The Samurai" <> wrote in message
    On Nov 23, 10:41 pm, "El.Plates" <> wrote:

    > best thing is to damp the inside of your case, that will reduce some
    > vibrations

    Buckets of water work well for dampening. Keeps things cool as well. No need
    for those noisy fan things.

    rf, Nov 24, 2008
  10. El.Plates

    olfart Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "The Samurai" <> wrote in message
    > On Nov 23, 10:41 pm, "El.Plates" <> wrote:
    >
    >> best thing is to damp the inside of your case, that will reduce some
    >> vibrations

    > Buckets of water work well for dampening. Keeps things cool as well. No
    > need for those noisy fan things.

    or you can...unzip and let 'er rip.....leave the fan running for best
    results

    olfart, Nov 24, 2008
  11. On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:21:07 +0000, El.Plates aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    > "§ñühwØ£f" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:41:38 +0000, El.Plates aided th' terraists with the
    >> following claims :
    >>
    >>> Hi everyone, my brother has bought an HP Pavilion EG780AA a1228.uk and
    >>> I've
    >>> found me self volunteered to reformat the HD, re-install the O/S etc !
    >>> All seems to be fine with the PC except that the fan is driving me mad
    >>> it's
    >>> SO noisy.
    >>> Google tells me that this is a well known problem with the HP Pavilion
    >>> EG780AA a1228.uk
    >>> I have installed SpeedFan v4.37 and have experimented with it and now
    >>> have
    >>> settings which make for a far quieter machine without sacrificing cooling
    >>> any noticeable degree (sorry about the terrible pun).
    >>> Where I need some help is that I would like this programme to run at
    >>> startup
    >>> with the settings I have evolved to and can't see any way of achieving
    >>> this.
    >>> If anyone has a solution for this or can help with another method of
    >>> keeping
    >>> the fan quieter I would be most grateful
    >>> TIA

    >> Get a decent set of speakers with a center subwoofer, mate.

    > all subwoofers are omnidirectional mate

    Well you know...the kind where thers two or four satellite speakers to
    handle the highs and midrange and then theres this mighty box with a port
    that faces straight down so if you have downstairs neighbors *they* can
    also enjoy your addiction to a 24/7 music fest featuring "trance" music :)

    TECHNO4EVER!

    http://www.mykeru.com

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 24, 2008
  12. El.Plates

    El.Plates Guest

    >>> Get a decent set of speakers with a center subwoofer, mate.

    >> all subwoofers are omnidirectional mate

    > Well you know...the kind where thers two or four satellite speakers to
    > handle the highs and midrange and then theres this mighty box with a port
    > that faces straight down so if you have downstairs neighbors *they* can
    > also enjoy your addiction to a 24/7 music fest featuring "trance" music :)
    >
    > TECHNO4EVER!

    twat

    El.Plates, Nov 25, 2008
  13. On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 19:24:09 +0000, El.Plates aided th' terraists with the
    following claims :

    >>> all subwoofers are omnidirectional mate

    >> Well you know...the kind where thers two or four satellite speakers to
    >> handle the highs and midrange and then theres this mighty box with a port
    >> that faces straight down so if you have downstairs neighbors *they* can
    >> also enjoy your addiction to a 24/7 music fest featuring "trance" music :)
    >>
    >> TECHNO4EVER!
    >>

    > twat

    cuntflaps

    http://www.alternet.org

    §ñühwØ£f, Nov 27, 2008
  14. El.Plates

    CBFalconer Guest

    §ñühwØ£f wrote:
    > El.Plates aided th' terraists with the following claims :

    .... snip ...

    >> twat

    > cuntflaps

    PLONK