    im very interested in a+ certification. are there any good books for
    semi-newbee. also someone said that it is hard to pass without som
    hands on training. is this true

    natedigity, Nov 27, 2005

  2. natedigity

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 27, 2005 at 2:20am "natedigity" blathered:

    > im very interested in a+ certification. are there any good books for a
    > semi-newbee. also someone said that it is hard to pass without some
    > hands on training. is this true?

    Yes it is. Michael Meyers books are god for A+.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com

    TechGeekPro, Nov 28, 2005

  3. That's about it though. (The A+ I mean) I've read some of Myers books for
    the MCSE track and a lot of his information is just comepletely wrong.

    --
    ..rev mct.mcngp.44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Nov 28, 2005
  4. natedigity

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 28, 2005 at 7:29am "The Rev [MCT]" blathered:

    > That's about it though. (The A+ I mean) I've read some of Myers books for
    > the MCSE track and a lot of his information is just comepletely wrong.

    Interesting. That's some weird, wild stuff. I did not know that.
    I've only used his books for the CompTIA stuff.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com

    TechGeekPro, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Yeah... The Passports book for MCSE 294 ans one example has some issues.

    --
    ..rev mct.mcngp.44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Nov 29, 2005
  6. natedigity

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 29, 2005 at 7:05am "The Rev [MCT]" blathered:

    > Yeah... The Passports book for MCSE 294 ans one example has some issues.

    I used ExamCram.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com

    TechGeekPro, Nov 30, 2005
  7. gah not to dig up an old post, but really hate the myers books. Too much
    extra mess in it, and he jumps all over. some of it is completly wrong too.
    Between conceptual, beyond A+ etc.

    Personally liked the sybex books, but again some wrong info in them, but
    there very streight forward. Try to get some hands on while you study, and
    itll compliment the syex. Used to teach from both myers and sybex, amongst
    others

    =?Utf-8?B?w6doZWVr?=, Dec 21, 2005