Very dissatisfied Chatter!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by MzThang, Oct 5, 2005.

  1. MzThang

    MzThang Guest

    Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a virtual
    chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.

    while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
    computer banned for 2 months.

    I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them the
    situation, they replied back saying:
    "Hi Habbo,

    We are always warning our users not to allow other people on their Habbo
    accounts.

    As your account is your responsibility, you should take more care over it.
    I'm sorry but you will not be unbanned at this time."

    But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out my
    passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own account, not
    mine.

    Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am unhappy
    with their response, is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
    could contact or something?

    Please Help!!!
    MzThang, Oct 5, 2005

    Contact John Howard at http://www.pm.gov.au/email.cfm
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 5, 2005

  3. MzThang

    Toolman Tim Guest

    MzThang wrote:
    > Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a
    > virtual chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.
    >
    > while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
    > computer banned for 2 months.
    >
    > I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them
    > the situation, they replied back saying:

    And just WTF do you expect to achieve by whining in an international
    newsgroup?

    Besides, you *are* responsible for what is done with your computer by a
    minor. You should have been right there supervising. So get over it. Do the
    crime, do the time. Basic laws of nature.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 5, 2005
  4. MzThang

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:46:45 +1300, "MzThang" <> wrote:

    <snip>
    >But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out my
    >passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own account, not
    >mine.

    But he went there from *your* machine.

    >Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am unhappy
    >with their response, is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
    >could contact or something?

    No. No one is obligated to accept any sort of traffic from anyone else online,
    whether it be e-mail, newsgroups, or chat rooms, and anything else. You'll just
    have to wait it out, or find some other place to chat.

    "Their hardware, their site, their rules."

    >Please Help!!!

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Oct 5, 2005
  5. On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 19:52:02 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >MzThang wrote:
    >> Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a virtual
    >> chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.
    >>
    >> while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
    >> computer banned for 2 months.
    >>
    >> I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them the
    >> situation, they replied back saying:

    <snip>

    >> As your account is your responsibility, you should take more care over it.
    >> I'm sorry but you will not be unbanned at this time."
    >>
    >> But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out my
    >> passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own account, not
    >> mine.
    >>
    >> Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am unhappy
    >> with their response, is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
    >> could contact or something?
    >>
    >> Please Help!!!

    >Contact John Howard at http://www.pm.gov.au/email.cfm

    That's probably a good tip. Little Johnny Howard has huge influence in
    many areas. He was able to stop New Zealand from manufacturing and
    bottling their own Vegemite thus forcing New Zealand to buy their
    Vegemite from Australian. So cracking his whip on a chat site would be
    a simple task for our Little Johnny.
    --

    John
    John Morrison, Oct 5, 2005
  6. MzThang

    Evan Platt Guest

    wrote:

    >Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a virtual
    >chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.

    I smell troll.

    Was it your niece or nephew?

    From: "MzThang" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: How can I unban my IP Address from a website?
    Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:57:06 +1200

    I have gone and let my niece on my computer and she went to a virtual
    chat
    room, which I like to use, since she has her own Username at that
    site, I
    didn't think there could be any harm done

    But unfortunately she fell for a scam and got my IP address Banned for
    2months.

    Help I want to know if I can unban it.

    Thanks if your any help
    Evan Platt, Oct 5, 2005
  7. MzThang

    The One Guest

    "MzThang" <> wrote in message
    > Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a

    virtual
    > chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.
    >
    > while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
    > computer banned for 2 months.
    >
    > I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them the
    > situation, they replied back saying:
    > "Hi Habbo,
    >
    > We are always warning our users not to allow other people on their Habbo
    > accounts.
    >
    > As your account is your responsibility, you should take more care over it.
    > I'm sorry but you will not be unbanned at this time."
    >
    > But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out my
    > passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own account, not
    > mine.
    >
    > Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am unhappy
    > with their response, is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
    > could contact or something?
    >
    > Please Help!!!

    You shouldn't have let someone else onto it using your account.
    The One, Oct 5, 2005
  8. MzThang

    programmer Guest

    MzThang wrote:
    > Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a
    > virtual chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.
    >
    > while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
    > computer banned for 2 months.
    >
    > I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them
    > the situation, they replied back saying:
    > "Hi Habbo,
    >
    > We are always warning our users not to allow other people on their
    > Habbo accounts.
    >
    > As your account is your responsibility, you should take more care
    > over it. I'm sorry but you will not be unbanned at this time."
    >
    > But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out
    > my passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own
    > account, not mine.
    >
    > Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am
    > unhappy with their response, is there like any Internet Authority
    > about Chatting I could contact or something?
    >
    > Please Help!!!

    Its not the only chat room in the www for christs sake. What sort of
    chatroom is that ? If it is filthy chat then email me your yahoo id and we
    can get down to business.
    programmer, Oct 5, 2005
  9. MzThang

    Baked Guest

    wrote:

    >is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
    >could contact or something?

    Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    Baked, Oct 5, 2005
  10. MzThang

    anthonyberet Guest

    MzThang wrote:
    > Nearly 2 weeks ago I let my Little nephew on our computer to go to a virtual
    > chat site called Habbo Hotel Australia.
    >
    > while he was on it, he didn't obey their chat ways, and got my whole
    > computer banned for 2 months.
    >
    > I have contacted the website responsible for the ban, and told them the
    > situation, they replied back saying:
    > "Hi Habbo,
    >
    > We are always warning our users not to allow other people on their Habbo
    > accounts.
    >
    > As your account is your responsibility, you should take more care over it.
    > I'm sorry but you will not be unbanned at this time."
    >
    > But the thing is I didn't give out my details, I would never give out my
    > passwords to any Internet website. He went on under his own account, not
    > mine.
    >
    > Well heres the thing I want help with, who would I contact as I am unhappy
    > with their response, is there like any Internet Authority about Chatting I
    > could contact or something?
    >
    > Please Help!!!

    Try clearing out all your cookies, and logging in on your own account.
    anthonyberet, Oct 8, 2005