    Does anyone know what might be causing this or how it can be fixed.

    Any help would be appreciated

    Regards

    Kevin, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Kevin

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Do you know the name of the webpage when you get this message?

    "Webpage Unavailable while offline
    The Web page you have requested is not available offline.
    To view this page click connect."

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Hi

    Lately the following message has been popping up at regular intervals
    interfering with programs that are running:

    Webpage Unavailable while offline
    The Web page you have requested is not available offline.
    To view this page click connect.

    Ive tried uninstalling/reinstalling Internet Explorer which has no effect

    Kevin, Jun 27, 2004
  4. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    no it isnt clear what web site it is referring to, it looks to be an
    internet explorer message(the IE logo with a red x embedded) When i do hit
    connect nothing happens.. it doesnt even attempt to connect.

    Kevin, Jun 27, 2004
  5. Kevin

    k35454 Guest

    "Kevin" <> wrote in message
    Hi

    Lately the following message has been popping up at regular intervals
    interfering with programs that are running:

    Webpage Unavailable while offline
    The Web page you have requested is not available offline.
    To view this page click connect.

    Ive tried uninstalling/reinstalling Internet Explorer which has no effect

    Does anyone know what might be causing this or how it can be fixed.

    Any help would be appreciated

    Regards

    Something like that happens to me now and then. I look under Internet
    Options and find in "Connections" that it has been shifted to "use proxy".
    (I don't use a proxy). Unchecking the option restores normal service.
    k35454.

    k35454, Jun 27, 2004
  6. Kevin

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    It may or may not be spyware, do you have any Anti Spyware programs on your
    computer?

    Or it may be some software on your computer trying to connect, to get an
    update etc.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 27, 2004
  7. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    yeah, i use adaware 6.0 ..didnt do the job..ill continue to ponder over it.

    Kevin, Jun 28, 2004
  8. Kevin

    Watertown3 Guest

    disable the dial up networking prompt so that it is never dial a connection.
    looks to me you have it set to ask when you open ie. or maybe you have some
    programs with adware/spyware emmbeded in them

    Watertown3, Jun 29, 2004
  9. Kevin

    Trent© Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:37:10 +0100, "Kevin" <>
    wrote:

    >yeah, i use adaware 6.0 ..didnt do the job..ill continue to ponder over it.

    Install a firewall that blocks outgoing attempts. Kerio is an
    excellent one...and has a 30-day evaluation copy.

    When the program tries to make the connection, the firewall will give
    you a permission pop-up window...which will tell ya what program is
    trying to make the connection.

    Good luck.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent©

    Trent©, Jun 29, 2004
  10. Kevin

    ProfGene Guest

    You may have spyware that is trying to access a website and a program like
    Spybot might be able to get rid of it plus you should have an anti popup
    program to prevent unwanted popups that interfere with other things you are
    doing.

    ProfGene, Jul 2, 2004
  11. Kevin

    Ashton Fagg Guest

    maybe the modem is stuffed. try using a friends username, password and phone
    number and dialing, this will prove the modem

    Ashton Fagg, Jul 4, 2004
  12. Ashton Fagg wrote:
    > maybe the modem is stuffed.

    .... wrote the fucktard who can't use a search engine.

    Ashton Fagg, the self-important, ravaging smegm-he, Jul 4, 2004