Vertical Blinds - Extra Vanes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bucky Breeder, Jan 21, 2010.

  1. OK, I goto the online vertical blind store and order some really fine
    textured faux wood heavy-duty blinds, inside mount, for some of my windows.

    The prices are about 1/3-off of top-shelf home improvement stores' prices,
    and maybe only 25% of decorators' and/or speciality store prices and every
    bit as hefty, durable, and good-looking as any display I looked at here in
    town and the malls, etc. They're also really famous from the Home Makeover
    Extreme Edition TV show. Their store is in Arizona, but the blinds came
    shipped from New Jersey. (Somebody, get a rope?)

    They're all cut really nicely to fit precisely, but on each window set they
    include 2 extra vanes??? I've counted and recounted... The valaces are
    complete as well as a different size than the field-[area]-vanes and the 2
    extra ones are the exact same size (length) as the required number... I've
    double-checked the instructions, downloaded and reviewed the installation
    videos, and nothing... nada... bu'h-du'h... NOT a damn thing...

    Anybody know where they're supposed to be installed?

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'

    My newest GF (she makes my emoticons drool) :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifA1AQe_NF0

    BASEBALL : WITHOUT steroids, it's just ghaa-hay-tag.

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Bucky Breeder, Jan 21, 2010

  2. Bucky Breeder

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Bucky Breeder" <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    wrote in message news:Xns9D0788CCDD8DDBuckyGram@207.246.207.163...
    > OK, I goto the online vertical blind store and order some really fine
    > textured faux wood heavy-duty blinds, inside mount, for some of my
    > windows.
    >
    > The prices are about 1/3-off of top-shelf home improvement stores' prices,
    > and maybe only 25% of decorators' and/or speciality store prices and every
    > bit as hefty, durable, and good-looking as any display I looked at here in
    > town and the malls, etc. They're also really famous from the Home
    > Makeover
    > Extreme Edition TV show. Their store is in Arizona, but the blinds came
    > shipped from New Jersey. (Somebody, get a rope?)
    >
    > They're all cut really nicely to fit precisely, but on each window set
    > they
    > include 2 extra vanes??? I've counted and recounted... The valaces are
    > complete as well as a different size than the field-[area]-vanes and the 2
    > extra ones are the exact same size (length) as the required number...
    > I've
    > double-checked the instructions, downloaded and reviewed the installation
    > videos, and nothing... nada... bu'h-du'h... NOT a damn thing...
    >
    > Anybody know where they're supposed to be installed?

    maybe they're spares - in case a vane breaks.
    Tim Conway, Jan 21, 2010

  3. Bucky Breeder

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-01-21, Tim Conway <> wrote:
    > "Bucky Breeder" <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    > wrote in message news:Xns9D0788CCDD8DDBuckyGram@207.246.207.163...

    [...]

    >> Anybody know where they're supposed to be installed?
    >>

    > maybe they're spares - in case a vane breaks.

    That gets my vote too. The 'vanes' of vertical blinds can get damaged by
    blowing against window handles for example, or by the actions of pets or
    children. The set I had in this room were looking decidedly tired just
    before the rail fell off the window surround - but they had been there for
    more than 20 years (and the firm that made them no longer exists). I
    didn't get any spare parts though.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jan 21, 2010
  4. "Tim Conway" <> via

    > "Bucky Breeder" <Breeder_Bucky.Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
    > wrote in message news:Xns9D0788CCDD8DDBuckyGram@207.246.207.163...
    >> OK, I goto the online vertical blind store and order some really fine
    >> textured faux wood heavy-duty blinds, inside mount, for some of my
    >> windows.
    >>
    >> The prices are about 1/3-off of top-shelf home improvement stores'
    >> prices, and maybe only 25% of decorators' and/or speciality store
    >> prices and every bit as hefty, durable, and good-looking as any display
    >> I looked at here in town and the malls, etc. They're also really
    >> famous from the Home Makeover
    >> Extreme Edition TV show. Their store is in Arizona, but the blinds
    >> came shipped from New Jersey. (Somebody, get a rope?)
    >>
    >> They're all cut really nicely to fit precisely, but on each window set
    >> they
    >> include 2 extra vanes??? I've counted and recounted... The valaces
    >> are complete as well as a different size than the field-[area]-vanes
    >> and the 2 extra ones are the exact same size (length) as the required
    >> number... I've
    >> double-checked the instructions, downloaded and reviewed the
    >> installation videos, and nothing... nada... bu'h-du'h... NOT a damn
    >> thing...
    >>
    >> Anybody know where they're supposed to be installed?
    >>

    > maybe they're spares - in case a vane breaks.

    mmm-K... That makes sense, and it's pretty thoughtful of them too.
    It seems to me that the "weak-link" in the system is the little stems
    (the nubs/clips that traverse the rail and hold up the vanes) - but
    spares is a good idea...

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'
    I am about two clicks better than 'TOTALLY';
    furthermore, I used to want a late-night talk-show so
    I could secks all the wimmins -- Darn YOU, Letterman!

    Bucky Breeder, Jan 21, 2010