  1. sender

    sender Guest

    what is the present version of vs.net

    sender, Jun 14, 2004

  2. >what is the present version of vs.net

    48

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 14, 2004

  3. sender

    Eric Guest

    sender wrote:

    > what is the present version of vs.net

    2003, or 1.1

    Eric, Jun 14, 2004
  4. sender

    UAError Guest

    "Eric" <Eric> wrote:

    >sender wrote:
    >
    >> what is the present version of vs.net

    >2003, or 1.1

    I think you mean Visual Studio .NET 2003;
    aka Visual Studio .NET 7.1 (which includes the .NET
    Framework/SDK 1.1)

    as opposed to

    Visual Studio .NET 2002;
    aka Visual Studio .NET 7 (which includes the .NET
    Framework/SDK 1.0)

    or

    Visual Studio .NET 2005;
    aka Visual Studio .NET 7.2(? or 8) (which includes the .NET
    Framework/SDK 2.0)

    You have just demonstrated why they switched to
    release labels representing an AD year. Basically the same
    tactic as creating version control labels - nobody is going
    to remember all the separate component version numbers; they
    only become relevant if you want to determine if anything
    for a particular component has changed for a release. (Also
    the lack of major/minor version gives no hint about the
    "significance" (or lack of) of the release.)

    UAError, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Nah, It's 48 trust me.

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 14, 2004
  6. sender

    UAError Guest

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> wrote:

    >Nah, It's 48 trust me.

    Why?
    Because 48 is halfway between 42 and six times nine?

    UAError, Jun 15, 2004
  7. >Why?
    >Because 48 is halfway between 42 and six times nine?

    No, because 48 is 50 - 2.... dear, oh dear......

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 15, 2004
  8. sender

    Eric Guest

    > > Why?
    > > Because 48 is halfway between 42 and six times nine?

    > No, because 48 is 50 - 2.... dear, oh dear......
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    This just goes to show that high school counselors are right: you do
    have to be good in math to be a programmer!

    Eric

    Eric, Jun 16, 2004