    Barbara Guest

    Hello. I may be overlooking the obvious but how do I find out what version
    of XPpro I am running? Thanks, Barbara

    Barbara, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Barbara

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Barbara wrote:

    > Hello. I may be overlooking the obvious but how do I find out what version
    > of XPpro I am running? Thanks, Barbara

    Control Panel - System, will tell you which version of XP, and whether
    you have SP1 installed.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Barbara

    Barbara Guest

    Thank you (I do have to admit your name scared me a bit {what can I expect
    from "Oldus Fartus"] ). May I now ask what is SPI?. I accessed the system
    information before but the people I am dealing with want something like "
    version 4.2.7?". I have version 2002 but that is not acceptable to them.
    Barbara

    Barbara, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Barbara

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Barbara wrote:

    > Thank you (I do have to admit your name scared me a bit {what can I expect
    > from "Oldus Fartus"] ). May I now ask what is SPI?. I accessed the system
    > information before but the people I am dealing with want something like "
    > version 4.2.7?". I have version 2002 but that is not acceptable to them.
    > Barbara

    Mine is a descriptive name Barbara!

    SP1 is Service Pack 1 - the update to XP including security updates and
    the like. A bug fix in other words.

    The full windows version would be Microsoft Windows XP [Version
    5.1.2600] Is this what they want? If you open a command prompt by
    typing CMD in the window which opens by clicking the RUN button, Windows
    will report it's version as above.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Nov 22, 2003
  5. Barbara

    Barbara Guest

    Thank you Oldus Fartus :0) By jove I've done it (with your aid). Barbara

    "

    Barbara, Nov 22, 2003
  6. Barbara

    joey jo jo Guest

    just look at the screen when it starts up. Does it say windows xp home
    edition or windows xp professional

    joey jo jo, Nov 27, 2003