version number display

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by LA, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. LA

    LA Guest

    I have just now downloaded and installed Mozilla 1.4 on WinMe.
    (lost Multizilla...) Why, when I go to Help, About, does it still say
    MOZILLA 1.3? Then its says:
    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.3; MultiZilla v1.4.0.3J) Gecko/20030624

    I seem to have the features of ver. 1.4. Can anyone tell me why the
    Help, About screen is giving me the above info?
    LA, Jul 11, 2003

  2. LA

    David Guest

    LA wrote in news:OttPa.408782$:

    > I have just now downloaded and installed Mozilla 1.4 on WinMe.
    > (lost Multizilla...) Why, when I go to Help, About, does it still say
    > MOZILLA 1.3? Then its says:
    >> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.3; MultiZilla
    >> v1.4.0.3J) Gecko/20030624

    > I seem to have the features of ver. 1.4. Can anyone tell me why the
    > Help, About screen is giving me the above info?

    Mine shows 1.4. Did you uninstall your previous version or install in a
    different location?

    From what I understand, it is highly recommended that you do not upgrade
    over another version. Many people have problems when they do that.

    David
    David, Jul 11, 2003

  3. LA

    LA Guest

    On my 1st install of 1.4, I did not uninstall any previous version. On
    my 2nd install of 1.4, I did uninstall all previous versions. Still got
    the "offending" info in Help, About.

    LA, Jul 12, 2003
  4. In a message dated 2003-7-11 15:14 (GMT+08), LA wrote:
    > I have just now downloaded and installed Mozilla 1.4 on WinMe.
    > (lost Multizilla...) Why, when I go to Help, About, does it still say
    > MOZILLA 1.3? Then its says:
    >
    >> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win 9x 4.90; en-US; rv:1.3; MultiZilla
    >> v1.4.0.3J) Gecko/20030624

    > I seem to have the features of ver. 1.4. Can anyone tell me why the
    > Help, About screen is giving me the above info?

    I think Multizilla is the culprit, because I've heard same problems of
    UI displaying with Multizilla installed. You may have to install Mozilla
    after Multizilla is removed.
    Wang Xiao-yun, Jul 14, 2003