Verity Stob on Linux

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 15, 2008.

  1. She's a) funny, and b) an equal-opportunity basher. :)

    <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/04/14/linux_manual/>

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 15, 2008

  2. In article <>, ChrisOD did write:

    > I'm often tempted to plonk you ...

    Why do people feel the need to wear this like a badge? "Look at me, I'm a
    plonker...!"

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 15, 2008

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-04-15, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > In article <>, ChrisOD did write:
    >
    >> I'm often tempted to plonk you ...

    > Why do people feel the need to wear this like a badge? "Look at me, I'm a
    > plonker...!"

    No its the plonkee. The plonker is the pull thru.

    In short they are control freaks, can not handle, or sort things out from
    the headers

    Gordon, Apr 15, 2008
  4. In article <>, ChrisOD <> wrote:
    (snip)
    >killfiles etc are just automated ways to sort things out from the headers
    >as you put it. You know it's what computers are good for automating simple
    >stuff.
    >
    >And your other two options are just bollocks too, most people get plonked
    >for the simple reason as we can't be arsed looking at their shite. Not
    >control freaks, not cowards who can't handle it, just normal joes who
    >want to automate the repetitive delete/mark as read/ignore of all those
    >tedious posts.

    Think of it as a noise filter ... why would anyone want to do that manually
    when a simple circuit will do the job ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 16, 2008
  5. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <>, ChrisOD <> wrote:
    > (snip)
    >> killfiles etc are just automated ways to sort things out from the headers
    >> as you put it. You know it's what computers are good for automating simple
    >> stuff.
    >>
    >> And your other two options are just bollocks too, most people get plonked
    >> for the simple reason as we can't be arsed looking at their shite. Not
    >> control freaks, not cowards who can't handle it, just normal joes who
    >> want to automate the repetitive delete/mark as read/ignore of all those
    >> tedious posts.

    > Think of it as a noise filter ... why would anyone want to do that manually
    > when a simple circuit will do the job ? :)

    I just skip over the ones that I don't want to read, and at the end I
    make the newsgroup read.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    'hilarious', it usually isn't?

    Enkidu, Apr 16, 2008
  6. In article <4805ad7a$>, Enkidu <> wrote:
    >Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article <>, ChrisOD

    > <> wrote:
    >> (snip)
    >>> killfiles etc are just automated ways to sort things out from the headers
    >>> as you put it. You know it's what computers are good for automating simple
    >>> stuff.
    >>>
    >>> And your other two options are just bollocks too, most people get plonked
    >>> for the simple reason as we can't be arsed looking at their shite. Not
    >>> control freaks, not cowards who can't handle it, just normal joes who
    >>> want to automate the repetitive delete/mark as read/ignore of all those
    >>> tedious posts.

    >> Think of it as a noise filter ... why would anyone want to do that manually
    >> when a simple circuit will do the job ? :)
    >>

    >I just skip over the ones that I don't want to read, and at the end I
    >make the newsgroup read.

    I do that too ... but the filters help with that ... a lot IMO. Mileages
    vary of course. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 17, 2008